“Great sunsets, beautiful pool, and friendly people” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   103800 Overseas Hwy, MM 103.8, Key Largo, FL 33037   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 17 hotels in Key Largo
Hamilton, MA
“Great sunsets, beautiful pool, and friendly people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The outdoor area of the hotel is really beautiful. The pools have fun fountains, the beach is small but scenic and the landscaping is lush. I especially liked the tiki areas with hammocks that allow for private rest time. At sunset, the beach is full of friendly people watching the colors of the sea and sky. I was surprised at how friendly all of the hotel guests were. The kayaks were easy to rent and the bay was very calm to kayak on.

The only negative that I can think of is that the rooms are very simple. I did choose the least expensive available, so the view of the parking lot was not a surprise. Next time I go, I think I will opt for a better view, even though we were outside almost all fo the time.

Room Tip: I would choose one with a view if you intend on being in the room for any extended time. The balcon...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

1,079 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Arrived and could not check in until 4 (3 was check in), staff could not tell us when so went shopping. Room had good beds, tv, and balcony, but small bath. Lots to do on-site with a very nice pool and deck with bar, a little beach, a bar and restaurant.....exercise equipment limited and worn. Went charter fishing right out of the hotel which was truly great and had the best fish dinner I have ever eaten at the hotel restaurant with the fish we caught...unforgettable. Service overall a little slow or distracted, but generally nice people....maybe it is the keys demeanor. Great location...close to Miami, but definitely in the keys. A bit more expensive tan would have thought...about $1000 for 3 nights. Overall, had a great time and would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Think all rooms have a view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Checked in to this Marriott to start our exploration of the Florida Keys. Check-in was smooth & Eric at the front desk was very helpful in helping us plan/validate our exploration itinerary. Overall, the property is a little dated, with the outdoor corridor access a little 'surprising' but added to the character of the resort. However, it is very well maintained and provides a plethora of activities & services.

Dining: The property has a 2 bars, one poolside by a magnificent resort style pool complete with dolpin statuettes and fountains. Gus's Grill provides a magnificent harbor style setting where you can experience true southern hospitality - a far cry from the nearby Miami area.

Activities: the property is located on the bay, and have a nice strolling/ sitting areas along the bay. The 'beach' is small but good enough for the kids to have a safe romp. The property also rents out jet-ski's and small boats for your own recreation or you can take a 'cruise' to explore the bay.

Our three night stay proved to be very comfortable and the location served as a great base for exploring the keys all the way south to Key West as well as the Everglade National Park.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hamilton, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a conference in late February. Room was nice--furnishings a step above normal hotel level. Staff friendly although poolside food service was a little slow; they could have used more than one person. The pool area is very nice, comfortable padded loungers and umbrellas with nice, plush towels. The beach is nice and the location is close to any touristy distraction one could wish for. An easy drive down from the Miami area. Parking is a little hard to come by if you get in late. Food very good, spa is OK.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Keymer, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights recently, and whilst the hotel was clean, comfortable and well located, the hotel staff, in particular the restaurant staff on duty at breakfast, seemed as though they were recovering from a late night out, as they were not engaging or seemingly interested in their customers, and with expected services charges of at least 15% we would liked to have seen a far greater level of customer service. The bar staff worked hard and were a credit to the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the road can be noisy from traffic.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at the Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort for one-night this past weekend. I had searched different properties throughout the Keys and I chose this property because of the Marriott brand. I live in Miami, so we were just doing one quick night in the keys to go diving. Check-in was very easy and my room was immediately ready.

This property has a beautiful lobby and great "grounds". I read other reviewers say things about how the property looked "dated", but this was not my experience at all. I have traveled all over the world, and I feel very confident in giving the property 4-stars.

After checking-in, we went to our room to drop off bags before heading to Islamorada. We walked in and the room was very inviting. The room was very clean and had excellent lighting. We also had a wonderful balcony that looked out over the Gulf, but unfortuantely we had very little time to enjoy it. We went down to the pool bar to grab a quick drink and this was probably my only negative of the trip. It was around 6:30pm and the bartender behind the bar said that he was "closed" and couldn't serve us. This seemed a little ridiculous considering the time of day and the fact that we had just checked-in, but we didn't make a big deal about it.

The pool is beautiful on the property and we enjoyed a late night at the hot tub. It was great to just getaway and relax for a night and next time I go to the keys, I will definitely stop at the Key Largo Marriott.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the ocean! You won't regret it!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Staff was friendly, rooms good size and beds comfortable. At first glance the room seemed clean until the lights go on and you see the dirty baseboards. The pool and beach areas were pleasant but their attempt to copy a Carribean market was better in idea form than reality. The pool bar was unable to make me a piña colada. They had just opened and had no mix. Their drinks were $10-12 bucks and had a funny after taste. Maybe the ice machine needs cleaning. We walked over to their restaurant Gus's grill and promptly left after viewing the place. It smelled of old grease and the kitchen needs a Good degreasing and update. We went in the Tiki bar and the good news was I finally got my piña colada, the bad news I couldn't drink it. It arrived with and orange garnish instead of pineapple and that after taste I spoke of earlier was prominent. So we spent $56.00 (including tip) for drinks that were basically awful. The place is not up to par with the usual Marriott standards one expects from them. This place has seen better days and is trying to be a class act resort and fails miserably. Reminded me of "The Money Pit" it was freshly painted but in need of a wrecking ball. No I would not recommend this overpriced old place.

Room Tip: We were in a end of the building room causing our balcony to kiddie corner with our neighbor's b...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott Key Largo Bay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!