“One night Stay Pre Cruise” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   103800 Overseas Hwy, MM 103.8, Key Largo, FL 33037   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 17 hotels in Key Largo
Ocean City, New Jersey
“One night Stay Pre Cruise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed here a week ago prior to a cruise leaving out of Port Everglades. Hotel was clean and in a great location. Staff was friendly and helpful which is always a plus. The property itself is very large with multiple buildings for restaurants/bars, guest rooms and main lobby. Plenty of parking but make sure you get a guest tag from the front desk. We forgot ours at first and you do not want to risk getting towed. Rooms were nice, clean and spacious but a lot of the rooms have 2 double beds that were not really that comfortable. We found that a little strange because usually Marriott has the best beds. We would have preferred a king and requested one but we got what we got. Try to request a room with the bay view as it is really nice to look out over the property and the water. After checking out the room we went to the restaurant on the property. Front desk person told me I would not be disappointed. He was right. usually we are a little hesitant on eating at hotel places because they just are not always that good. But Gus's Grill was really good. Food quality and taste were top notch and the prices were not bad either. It was so good I wanted to go back for dinner but she wanted to venture out a little. After lunch we hit the pool. Great pool with a hot tub. Water was warm so I am thinking that it was maybe heated but I could not really tell. Pool was open till 11 pm. Just make sure you get your towel cards back. I think the towel person is by the pool until 7 or so. After 7 you have to return your towels to the front desk to get your cards back.

All in all we really enjoyed our stay and would come back in a heart beat. Wish the beds were a little more comfortable but maybe I am just being picky. Also I would not mind a longer stay on my next visit. There are a ton of other places to eat just a short drive away. There is also a a fridge in your room so you can stock up from the local grocery store.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the bay view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

1,088 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
cagedmonkees
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Marriott during the Christmas holiday. I booked online a handicapped accessible room with a roll in shower. At check-in, I was handed a towel card for each member of my party and was told to present the cards at the pool to receive two towels each. When we returned the cards we would be given the cards back. I've been to many Marriott resorts and this is the first time I was limited to how many towels and was given a towel card. Tacky!

When we got to our room, the bed was higher than my 24" luggage. How they could think that someone with limited mobility would be able to get into a bed that a 5'7" woman had a hard time getting into I'll never understand. I went down to the front desk and asked for stepping stool for the room. The clerk said they would send one right up. I received a phone call 45 minutes later apologizing for the delay but they were out of stairs for the bed. I informed them that the handicapped member of the party was unable to get into bed. This is why I ordered an accessible room, since they had limited mobility. They offered a step ladder which I had to accept since it was 10:00 Christmas Eve. The next day, I asked the maid for steps which were put in the room. The person still had difficulty getting into bed but we knew we were leaving in two days.

The bathroom was all marble. Very attractive and very dangerous when wet. Once again not great for an accessible room. The shower floor was flat which made the water from the shower spread out into the floor of the bathroom. The room needs to be redesigned for handicapped guests. The room faced the overseas highway and we could hear road noise at night.

A very pretty location, the hotel was well maintained and clean. However, only able bodied visitors should use this hotel.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My 2 closest friends had special birthdays this year and they both work so I had to take 2 trips.

We had less than a 2 hour drive via the Fl. Tpk from Delray Beach and we were transported to a very casual shangri la!

A water view is a must. A pool and grass huts over the beach area were so relaxing, we could
barely move.

Our trip package included the most delicious ample breakfast each morning with a choice of a sit down breakfast or buffet. The omelets were over the top with whatever we wanted inside.
Even if it was a few cents extra, it never appeared on the bill. Also, there was a great choice of very high quality meats and fish. On both trips we dined outside on the water. In the fall you can watch the sun set, while you dine in the evening.

Both of the friends used the spa "tiki hut" and enjoyed their treatments.

Room Tip: I like the side over the mangroves and the volleyball nets.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Castellanza, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Very nice location increadible mangroove area...possibility for flat fishing....during sunset have a beer on the bar is a must...good food too in the restaurant.rooms are marriot standard clean,higly reccomended

Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

The service was excellent and everyone was very friendly. Our room overlooked the water and the view was beautiful and the room was clean. We had lunch poolside and it was classic bar fare, a burger and fries for my husband and I had a Steak Tip Caesar Salad. We had dinner at the main restaurant and we were not impressed. For example, the Conch Soup tasted like they opened a can of Veg-All, added spicy tomato soup and conch. The bread basket was the best part of the meal, warm and delicious. The waiter was friendly and very attentive.
There are a lot of activities on-site. We rented Jet Skis for an hour-pricey but it was a blast. We set up a Scuba Diving trip with a guide and that was fantastic. We rented their bikes to go for a ride, but the bikes were on the worn side and the trail followed the main road....not much to see.
Overall we had a very good vacation.
Here are a few notes. My husband and I are near 50 and very active and we were not able to get in the pool, even when there were just a few people because of the kids. This is a family-oriented establishment even though the activities are more geared for teens and adults. This isn't a complaint, just an observation. If you are planning a romantic, exciting, couples getaway this is not the place to go. If you have teenagers and they want to try to jet ski or scuba or snorkel for the first time, this place is perfect. If you are going on vacation to bring your kids to a place where you can sit and have a few cocktails in the sun while they terrorize the pool area, bring them. If you are looking for a hook-up don't bother, this place really is perfect for families with teenagers.

Room Tip: Our room was top floor overlooking the water. Pick the corner unit farthest from the pool so you do...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We arrived late almost midnight and not only were they waiting for us but had everything ready to go . After a quick briefing if the hotel we were in our rooms within 5 minutes. I felt like the night manager was there only to help us and am enjoying a beautiful trip thanks to a great beginning

• Stayed December 2012
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Lovely pool and beach area, room was ok a little dark maybe. Staff were excellent and as I had requested a bay view if possible as the trip was a birthday treat for my mum and they could not accommodate they gave us complementary breakfast for both days and a mini bottle of champagne in the room. My only complaint would be the restaurant on sight it was overpriced and very little choice, breakfast was ok but again very pricey. Perfect location for key largo and the everglades.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Marriott Key Largo Bay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!