Though I am a big fan of the Florida Keys, when it's cold like it was when we were down here, a smaller resort hotel like this one becomes less of a value. When we stayed two nights here in February, nobody swam in the pools, except for a quick dip in the heated jacuzzi. There is no beach within walking distance though a stroll along the canal was entertaining since the African Queen was there along with other big boats. If your hobby is snorkeling and diving, this location would seem ideal as there are a number of dive boats, shops, and businesses that cater to that crowd very close by. But you take your chances with the weather there too.
This hotel ranks thumbs up for its well manicured and beautiful grounds, its eager-to-please front desk staff and the cleanliness of the rooms and pool area. The privacy glass and coconut-lime shampoo in the room were nice touches. On the negative side, housekeeping seemed exceedingly slow to us as we waited till very late in the afternoon until our room was cleaned. The clothing hooks in the bathroom were broken, so there was no place to hang your clothes while taking a shower. Though I looked forward to patronizing the tiki bar there, eight dollars for a pina colada seemed excessive. I should have ordered the $3.50 local ale instead. Didn't eat here so I can't comment on the food but there was no breakfast included.
I should note too that Highway 1 which runs right by this hotel is very busy at this commercial stretch. Something else to consider. If we return, we might try one of the more out-of-the-way resort facilities by the ocean. That way, if the weather is iffy, there might be more to do, e.g. watching wildlife, the sunset, kayak, fish, etc.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Key Largo Hotel
- Holiday Inn Key Largo Hotel Key Largo
- Key Largo Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Key Largo Resort is the ideal Florida Keys location for families and individuals looking for an experience worth repeating in a breath taking locale. Absorb yourself in all that we have to offer! Stroll along our marina and paved pathways through lush foliage to find our two heated outdoor pools with Tiki Bar, cascading waterfall, Jacuzzi and spacious pool deck. Sip a tropical cocktail at our Tiki Bar, or savor delicious local fare at Bogie's Cafe and Garden Terrace. With spacious, well appointed rooms overlooking our tropical paradise and marina, the Holiday Inn Key Largo Resort is the perfect place for exploring the many wonders of the Florida Keys. Discover the enchantments of the Coral Reefs when you snorkel or dive. Experience our famous waters aboard the Glass Bottom Boat, on a fishing excursion, or even toast champagne on a sunset cruise. Try your luck on the Casino Boat! Located only 55 minutes from Miami, the Holiday Inn Key Largo is truly a world away. From the moment you arrive, you will know you have reached your destination; Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Venere, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Key Largo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.