the rooms aren't as nice as they could be. The first thing I noticed when we walked in was the strong chemical smell from cleaning products. However, the bathroom wasn't as clean as it should have been! The grout in the floor tile varies from black in places, to gray in others, and as it goes up the wall it lightens to its original white.
On the plus side, the two pools are large and clean, and mostly empty. They were a comfortable temperature, and were not over-chlorinated. The landscaping, again, is simply beautiful, and makes it seem like a much more expensive resort! And the location next to the marina is very nice for strolling around and looking at boats.
I booked our reservation on priceline.com, and only saved about 20%, but I guess that is pretty good considering we went at the height of the season. The staff allowed us to change to a king-size bed without any hassle, from the two double beds we had originally.
If the management would just put a little money into cosmetic updates, and deep-cleaning the rooms (especially the grout) this hotel could be improved a lot.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Key Largo Hotel
- Holiday Inn Key Largo Hotel Key Largo
- Key Largo Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Key Largo Resort is the ideal Florida Keys location for families and individuals looking for an experience worth repeating in a breath taking locale. Absorb yourself in all that we have to offer! Stroll along our marina and paved pathways through lush foliage to find our two heated outdoor pools with Tiki Bar, cascading waterfall, Jacuzzi and spacious pool deck. Sip a tropical cocktail at our Tiki Bar, or savor delicious local fare at Bogie's Cafe and Garden Terrace. With spacious, well appointed rooms overlooking our tropical paradise and marina, the Holiday Inn Key Largo Resort is the perfect place for exploring the many wonders of the Florida Keys. Discover the enchantments of the Coral Reefs when you snorkel or dive. Experience our famous waters aboard the Glass Bottom Boat, on a fishing excursion, or even toast champagne on a sunset cruise. Try your luck on the Casino Boat! Located only 55 minutes from Miami, the Holiday Inn Key Largo is truly a world away. From the moment you arrive, you will know you have reached your destination; Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Venere, Olotels, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Key Largo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.