My husband and I stayed here 4 nights over spring break. It's an interesting property - more like a "motel" in the sense that it has outside corridors, but it's away from the road, so it's not bad. Our room was located away from their tiny beachfront, so that was good. Most of the rooms, I think, do face toward the ocean, but about half the hotel (like our room) overlooks trees/mangroves with a bay view. Of course, some might prefer to be closer to their beach, but it's not a huge property. Nice and quiet. It was unusually cold when we there, so not a lot of beach activity
The rooms are pretty typical for a Hilton. Comfortable bed, but the room did feel a bit old.
Two pools across the parking lot - pretty water fall at each. Pool-side bar but the drinks weren't particularly well mixed. Oh well! We went there first thing every morning and "claimed" our chairs. It did get pretty busy. I was happy to see a manager politely ask a family with young children to move up to the family pool.
We got a free continental buffet (not full buffet - had to pay extra for that) since I'm a Hilton Honors Gold level. However, not a huge issue. We did eat the first night at the restaurant, but we felt the menu was limited and not that interesting. The location is close to several decent Key Largo restaurants so we ate out the other nights (see my profile for restaurant reviews)
We didn't do any of the water sports there at the resort, but instead opted to go to the nearby state park where we kayaked (fun!). Another day we rented a jet ski for another local sports shop. Part of the problem was the water was pretty choppy by the hotel when we there so we had to look for calmer waters to jet ski.
Overall, pretty good. It seemed to be a 50-50 mix of couples and families.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Key Largo Hotel
- Hilton Key Largo Hotel Key Largo
- Hilton Hotels Key Largo
- Hilton Hotel Key Largo
- Hilton Key Largo
- Key Largo Grande Resort Beach Club
- Key Largo Grande
- Key Largo Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No other hotel offers a Florida Keys vacation experience quite like the Hilton Key Largo. This pristine, 13-acre resort sits on the best private beach in the upper Keys — and while it’s only an hour from Miami, you’ll feel worlds away, thanks to the sparkling white sand, lush tropical greenery and exciting outdoor activities.Guests at the Hilton Key Largo can enjoy as much excitement or relaxation as they like. Activities include world-class fishing and water sports, jet skis, wave runners, and para sailing. Nearby attractions include Dolphin Cove and the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park, which is home to the only live coral reef in the continental United States. Kids love the hotel’s Scout About children’s program, and the whole family can enjoy the two heated swimming pools, fitness center and lighted tennis courts. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with spending hours just relaxing on the gorgeous beach and swimming in the crystal clear waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Or enjoying quiet moments in the handsomely appointed guest rooms, each of which is graced with a private balcony — opt for a water-view room and you’ll have a front-row seat for Key Largo’s spectacular sunsets. This is paradise, made easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Tingo, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Hilton Key Largo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.