We planned to stay a night at Key Largo Hilton, and booked weeks ahead of time, but ended up paying 40% more due to Hilton promotion offered several days before our departure . After some negotiation with Hilton, we were offered an upgrade to ocean view with complimentary breakfast and a free movie. Positive experience thus far for their efforts to keep their customers happy.
The hotel is located couple miles south of the downtown Key largo, with access to private beach and docks with an awesome view of the water. The exterior of the hotel is quite stale as a Hilton brand BUT it is probably the best you can get at Key Largo. The elevators are old and only work between the hours of 8am to 10pm. The hotel do offer free bike rental but there isn't a bike path so it is rather meaningless.
The room is spacious and since our room has water view, it does look awesome. Housekeeping however is sub-par. Upon arrival, couple items are missing: shower gel/soap, ice bucket, glassware for the bathroom, etc... These are pretty hard to miss items (they have the lid of the ice bucket in the room but the actual bucket was missing), front desk was able to address the missing items rather quickly.
Staff was not too helpful. The front desk upon check in was unaware of the offer of breakfast and movie, but after a moment searching around, she was able to find the notes left by the front desk manager. No big problem but definitely indicates lack of communication . We asked them what is there to do, there were not much guidance provided. They did not made us aware of the free bike rentals, free fishing rod rentals, and even the location of the swimming pools. As mentioned, the gift shop do offer fishing rod rentals which is an awesome given the hotel has access to a dock that have plenty of fish for you to catch. However, they only have two fishing rods for rental so do plan ahead. The rental policy also seems to be arbitrary, there were guest who kept it all da y, but they may decide to rent you for an hour maximum and then threaten you for a $ 50 deposit.
During our stay, our neighbours next door ordered some room services in which their dirty dishes and empty drink bottles piled up outside of their room for the whole night (from 8pm). The same dishes were still there there by the time we check out at 1pm the next day. How gross! Again, housekeeping was subpar.
We requested late check out as part of the gold member benefits of Hilton. When we returned to the hotel past noon, our cards were no longer functional. We went over to front desk to ask what is going on, the front desk said because we asked for late check out, we need to go get our card renewed. I would expect the front desk to notify the customer AT the time the customer requested late check out, not until the customer find out the room key is no longer working. The front desk renewed our key but the key were still not working, end up requesting an engineer to open door for us. The front desk did not offer a single apology for the inconvenience of having us walk back and forth several times between our room and the front desk. When we finally checked out, they still placed a charged for the in room movie which was offered complementary, i have to explain the situation again, very poor internal communication.
Overall, poor housekeeping, rude service at front desk and gift shop, and weak internal communication. For a Hilton Grande, we had much higher expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No other hotel offers a Florida Keys vacation experience quite like the Hilton Key Largo. This pristine, 13-acre resort sits on the best private beach in the upper Keys — and while it’s only an hour from Miami, you’ll feel worlds away, thanks to the sparkling white sand, lush tropical greenery and exciting outdoor activities.Guests at the Hilton Key Largo can enjoy as much excitement or relaxation as they like. Activities include world-class fishing and water sports, jet skis, wave runners, and para sailing. Nearby attractions include Dolphin Cove and the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park, which is home to the only live coral reef in the continental United States. Kids love the hotel’s Scout About children’s program, and the whole family can enjoy the two heated swimming pools, fitness center and lighted tennis courts. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with spending hours just relaxing on the gorgeous beach and swimming in the crystal clear waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Or enjoying quiet moments in the handsomely appointed guest rooms, each of which is graced with a private balcony — opt for a water-view room and you’ll have a front-row seat for Key Largo’s spectacular sunsets. This is paradise, made easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Key Largo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Key Largo Hotel Key Largo
- Hilton Hotels Key Largo
- Hilton Hotel Key Largo
- Key Largo Grande Resort Beach Club