Most of the good things others have said are true. We have a suite on the 4th floor overlooking the bay above the trees and its lovely to be here thats for sure, yet for a Hilton "resort" it lacks something. The word "resort" is somehow a special word to be used carefully and while this hotel is undoubtedly good for the keys it is not by any means of the best resort standard.
Hilton need to spend a few million dollars lifting this property. Our room has had money spent. The bath it nice, there is a separate shower, and plenty of room for 2 adults and 2 kids, however it was clearly not cared for by staff. Signs were faded and old, paint was chipped and dirty and it was clear that housekeeping clean rooms here but management never reviews or supervises or pays much attention to overall condition.
As Hilton Gold we always expect something special from Hilton particularly when we are here as now with the famiiy. Treatment of HHONORS gold at this hotel is not great. It requires arguement and confrontation which detracts from the stress free vacation that staying at a resort should be. This hotel provides continental breakfast for 2, despite there being 4 people in the room. Upgrade to a full breakfast is $5 a head. I used two vouchers for todays breakfast and will go local tomorrow morning. We were given bottles of water at reception to take to the room and after an arguement with reception, the crazy resort charge was waived totally.
My son had a nice Omelette freshly made which he says was excellent however the buffet breakfast is lacking in choices and mediocre compared to most other Hiltons and not befitting of a resort charging $20 for breakfast. What made it so bad? It is personal preferences but there was no cold meats or cheeses, no berries, no salmon, no freshly baked bread, no waffles, no expresso or cappucino... Come on Hilton you have a lovely location and this breakfast was one up from a free breakfast at the Holiday Inn Express!
Of course the internet is an essential these days and as HHONORS gold my internet was free, however I am downstairs in the public areas using WIFI to write this review because the internet in the rooms is very weak and pretty much non existant most of the time. If I was paying for this internet access I would demand a refund because the service is so bad.
Overall this is a good hotel despite my comments but like many American hotels it does not set standards and in my opinion does not do justice to its wonderful location.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Key Largo Hotel
- Hilton Key Largo Hotel Key Largo
- Hilton Hotels Key Largo
- Hilton Hotel Key Largo
- Hilton Key Largo
- Key Largo Grande Resort Beach Club
- Key Largo Grande
- Key Largo Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No other hotel offers a Florida Keys vacation experience quite like the Hilton Key Largo. This pristine, 13-acre resort sits on the best private beach in the upper Keys — and while it’s only an hour from Miami, you’ll feel worlds away, thanks to the sparkling white sand, lush tropical greenery and exciting outdoor activities.Guests at the Hilton Key Largo can enjoy as much excitement or relaxation as they like. Activities include world-class fishing and water sports, jet skis, wave runners, and para sailing. Nearby attractions include Dolphin Cove and the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park, which is home to the only live coral reef in the continental United States. Kids love the hotel’s Scout About children’s program, and the whole family can enjoy the two heated swimming pools, fitness center and lighted tennis courts. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with spending hours just relaxing on the gorgeous beach and swimming in the crystal clear waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Or enjoying quiet moments in the handsomely appointed guest rooms, each of which is graced with a private balcony — opt for a water-view room and you’ll have a front-row seat for Key Largo’s spectacular sunsets. This is paradise, made easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Venere, getaroom.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Hilton Key Largo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.