My wife and I went parasailing over Key Largo with Captain Darrell and a crew member one early fall afternoon.
We were struck by how quickly we got out onto the water and in the air. Captain Darrell's safety explanation covered the bases without revealing too much about what was about to happen, which was key to maintaining the excitement level (and probably kept the nerves down, too). He had a few tricks up his sleeve to make the ride even more fun.
The crew pointed out natural features and wildlife on our way out, and they manned the boat and rigged us up smoothly and confidently. It was clear that they knew what they were doing, further relaxing us before takeoff.
Contacting the company on the phone for reservations was a challenge. We couldn't get through in the morning at the opening hour listed on the pamphlet we had. We stayed at the resort, however, so that wasn't an issue for us.
The location for this activity can't be beat! If you have a healthy heart and can sit down, you can parasail!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No other hotel offers a Florida Keys vacation experience quite like the Hilton Key Largo. This pristine, 13-acre resort sits on the best private beach in the upper Keys — and while it’s only an hour from Miami, you’ll feel worlds away, thanks to the sparkling white sand, lush tropical greenery and exciting outdoor activities.Guests at the Hilton Key Largo can enjoy as much excitement or relaxation as they like. Activities include world-class fishing and water sports, jet skis, wave runners, and para sailing. Nearby attractions include Dolphin Cove and the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park, which is home to the only live coral reef in the continental United States. Kids love the hotel’s Scout About children’s program, and the whole family can enjoy the two heated swimming pools, fitness center and lighted tennis courts. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with spending hours just relaxing on the gorgeous beach and swimming in the crystal clear waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Or enjoying quiet moments in the handsomely appointed guest rooms, each of which is graced with a private balcony — opt for a water-view room and you’ll have a front-row seat for Key Largo’s spectacular sunsets. This is paradise, made easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Key Largo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Key Largo Hotel Key Largo
- Hilton Hotels Key Largo
- Hilton Hotel Key Largo
- Key Largo Grande Resort Beach Club