“Spacious house” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dream Bay Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Key Largo
Dream Bay Resort
You added Dream Bay Resort to your Saves list
Woodward Ave, Key Largo, FL   |
Pinellas Park
“Spacious house”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We just spent a week in the Tropicasa and it was WONDERFUL!!!!! There were 7 of us and no one had any complaints. Well, we have just one...we were in the large master bedroom and the garbage truck emptied the dumpster which was just on the other side of the fence outside our room at 6 AM on two different occasions. Not that big of a deal, but when you are on vacation and want to sleep in.......The people we friendly and the house was clean. A few more towels would have been nice as it seemed like we were always doing a load of towels. The oven did not work very well, but we left a note for the owners. We had the pleasure of seeing a mother Manatee and her baby on several occasions. We had access to kayaks, paddle boats, rafts and tubes. All in all, we had a wonderful time and we are making plans to come back!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cincinnati, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed for three night in Tropicasa in February with my parents and their dog. The house is very large and well laid out for privacy. There is a nice fenced in area at the front of the house which was perfect for the dog. It is a short walk to the water where manatees are said to play. Sadly, they eluded me. We spent hours out on the kayaks or just lounging on the chairs watching the water. Fun, laid back atmosphere. There are people that live on houseboats in the marina there who were very friendly. The house seemed to have plenty of everything. The kitchen was beautiful but we only cooked one time. Within walking distance to some restaurants.

We wish we could have stayed longer. The staff was super friendly and attentive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
The Villages, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Our family stayed in the large home at the Dream Bay Resort for an annual reunion. The owner was pleasant as was the cleaning woman. The home is not as advertised however. It has only a small view of the water and no boats were available for our use. The rooms are adequete, but there is no closet in the 4th bedroom and the bathroom was almost unusable.The home is dangerous if you are not alert. Every person in our group tripped over unexpected steps. The home has been added on to and it is a hodge podge of slightly different levels. In our room there were 2 steps to navigate and because I was afraid one of us would fall, I placed a covered pillow on the floor to catch our eye to remind us. Lo and behold when we picked it up the next day a scorpion popped out. Not such a big deal, but scarey. Our biggest complaint was the lack of dishes and serving utensiles. The ovens were virtually nonworking and so it was a challenge to get a meal on the table. It is just okay. I would only recommend it as a last resort.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
tcln, Owner at Dream Bay Resort, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but I'm not sure where you got the idea that we supply boats with our rentals. We don't, and I don't know of anyone else who does. Boats can be rented, but they aren't supplied. Tropicasa is a beautiful home, designed by a wonderful architect, with marble floors and recessed lighting. Yes, there is one step down to go into one of the master bedrooms, but it hasn't been a problem for other guests. The whole house is on the ground level, without lots of steps. If you had handicapped issues, you should've told me at booking. Also, if you found the house lacking in any supplies, you could've just called me or asked Bonnie, and she would've certainly made sure that you had everything you needed. Unlike most vacation rentals, my staff is there 24/7 to cater to guest needs. I state clearly on our website, as well as in all advertised sites, that the house sits back from the water but still has a water view, and a photo of the actual view is provided, so I don't believe that is misleading.
Margate City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed for 3 weeks with a friend that rented deckhouse for the month. I enjoyed everything about the property. The location is great you are near everything!!! Shopping, Produce Market, Bike path, Restaurants etc.....It has wonderful views!!!! Nice comfortable rooms with a nautical theme. Kitchen was great for cooking and entertaining. And the deck which was my favorite was wonderful. I loved just having a meal out there and taking my drink to watch the sunset. I will miss the deck because I already booked Tripacasa for next year with a few friends!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at deck house in February . I love everything about . I love location , they are pet friendly and people are very nice . I don't wanna go home and I will coming back next year. I already make reservation.

tcln, Owner at Dream Bay Resort, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you! We're very happy to have you as a guest and look forward to next year!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a week in feb. with our friend who had rented the deckhouse for the month. We found the house charming & quite comfortable. We loved the large private deck outside. The property was well maintained & the guests all friendly. We enjoyed all the amenities, including the kayaks. The owners son was strange & one day he hoarded 3 of the 4 kayaks so we couldn't use them. That was our only complaint. A very strange & anti social young man. Overall it was a wonderful experience & we look forward to returning to dream bay next year.

tcln, Owner at Dream Bay Resort, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you return. I'm sorry there was some confusion between you and my son regarding the kayaks.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful views, wonderful hospitality, affordable prices! We stayed in the Bayhouse for our vacation. The house was beautiful and clean, with a very nice view from the kitchen. We had such a great time at Dream Bay Resort! We will definetly be back next year!

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Dream Bay Resort? Share your experiences!