“Great Food on the side of the road.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
salt lake city
“Great Food on the side of the road.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The food here is great, we sat outside overlooking the highway and it was a little noisy but the taco were so good that it didn't matter. Chips and Guacamole made it all worth. If you like authentic Mexican food, this is a good place to go. Not fancy at all. Fairly good value.

Visited April 2013

Orlando, Florida
“Not Even Close, Never Again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I think the Puerto Vallarta restaurant on Key Largo has potential. Certainly there are good reviews on TripAdvisor, one of the reasons we tried it. But, oh my. What a disaster this dinner was. While we were seated promptly and the staff was pleasant (when we saw them) we waited and waited and waited for our meal. And this was not a busy place it seemed. I don't get it, frankly. And then when we were served the meal it was, at best, plain, bland, not even warm. The price is fine but I have to say, I regularly enjoy better food at the fast food chains like Tijuana Flats than Puerto Vallarta on Key Largo.The atmosphere was old but in a pleasant way. Except it seemed a little dirty. Glad I didn't go into the kitchen. Too bad. If they only paid attention...

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Myersville, Maryland
“Fantastic food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stopped in here on our first night b/c we couldn't find anything closer at the time. It was overcrowded & noisy--our food took a bit of time to get to us. The service was good though and we never went without chips or drinks while waiting. All was forgiven when our food arrived!! Nicely plated for reasonable price. So delicious. I particularly enjoyed the Pastor Tacos with homemade guacamole. We ate here two times during our week stay, even tried to get lunch there the day we left but they weren't open when we went by. It looks like a hole in the wall but definitely worth the trip!

Visited March 2013
San Salvador, Bahamas
“A Diamond in the Rough- Vegetarian Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I have been craving great Mexican food since we left Cal. ten years ago. We finally found it in this unassuming little hole in the wall restaurant on Key Largo. We read about it online and called for directions from our hotel, about 13 miles away. We still drove right passed it because the exterior is so low key and slightly run down. Do not be fooled by the cover of this book, it was the best meal we have had so far in the Keys ( 3 days now.) The clientele are mainly locals. The inside is very simple and utilitarian. The tables were about half filled but our server was fast, friendly and happy to give her recommendations. I had the best vegetarian enchiladas I have had in years. Most places skip the flavors and fillings for vegetarians but these were bursting with unexpected (almost Indian in nature) spices, fleshly sauteed vegetables, beans, cheese covered with a generous verde sauce that was homemade. My husband had the pork and pineapple tacos as recommended and he did not leave a drop on his plate. We both had simple but fresh side salads with vinegrette. I had the delicious, lightly herbed rice and my husband had a side of guacamole. We also split a key-lime slice which comes with a cream and choc-cinnamon sauce. Odd but it works! The only disappointment with the food was that the chips are not freshly made. Serving sizes are large. Cost was extremely reasonable, esp. for the Keys. Will probably go back again before we leave.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bedford
“Good Mexican food - reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We were staying just around the block in Key Largo, and visited twice during our stay. Food portions are huge! The first time we went we shared a nachos, then couldn't finish our mains so skipped starters the next time.
We tried burritos, fajitas and the combo plate which were all really good. When we visited on the Sunday they also had a guy singing, which was nice.
Really good Mexican food cooked well, and good prices!

Visited March 2013