“Wonderful experience, great staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 92 activities in Key Largo
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Pirate Island Divers - Key Largo is a PADI Five Star Instructor Development Resort offering professional PADI Diving Education, Aqualung equipment Sales and Service, and Dive Travel Services. Our boats leave the docks of the Marriott Key Largo to visit the reefs and wrecks of Key Largo. Come walk the plank with us!
USA
“Wonderful experience, great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I decided to try scuba diving for the first time in my life while I was in Key Largo. We were staying at the Marriott resort. I signed up for the one-day training/ scuba experience.

Started the day with a couple hour training session with a video and time in the pool with our instructor. Our instructor was Mallory. She was outstanding.

I have to say I was a little anxious about trying this for the first time but she made me very confident and comfortable.

In the afternoon we took a boat ride and did two separate dives. The first dive was at a shipwreck. The second dive was on a reef.

The crew was great. They made my experience fun and exciting.

I would have to say this was one of the better experiences that I have had. I was afraid at first but when it was all said and done, I was absolutely thrilled that I did this activity

I would definitely recommend this company and this great staff.

Mike, 55 years old

3 attraction reviews
“Excellent Diving Experience and Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Recently my wife and I booked a dive and snorkel trip with Pirate Island Divers. The staff was very friendly and the dives were great. I would definitely recommend this charter and will be going again.

Anchorage, Alaska, United States
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Three of us decided to learn to dive on a whim and luckily found PID. Brian our instructor patiently worked with us in the pool and two open water dives. He was great and very patient and calm especially when I had a major freak out and spit out my regulator on my first open water dive. Brian made me feel like everything was ok and let me go back down and I ended up loving it and having no more problems. The boat Captain ( I'm sorry I don't remember his name) was very nice and knowledgable about both areas we where diving in. All in all we all had a spectacular time and would highly recommend PID to anyone.

Visited February 2013
3 attraction reviews
“Great Scuba Certification Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Ask for instructor Bob Eich--he was thorough and careful and reassuring, and you won't find better. They teach you basics in the Marriott pool, which makes it easy. Then you practice on the marine park reefs, which were beautiful even with limited visibility. Went into the experience reluctantly, but loved it.

Johnson City, TN
“Good Dive Operation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is a good dive operation, especailly considering it's on the Marriot resort property. I've been to enough resorts over the years where the dive operations wouldn't survive without a steady stream of customers from the resort. These folks would do fine no matter where they were. Knowledgeable, friendly and competent. It's what most divers look for in a dive operation. I don't think you'll be disappointed diving with these folks!

Visited December 2012