“Great Hotel, Great Location, Great Diving” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo

You added Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   99751 Overseas Highway, Key Largo, FL 33037 (Formerly Ramada Limited)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Key Largo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Hotel, Great Location, Great Diving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Listen Up ScubaDivers!!!

You can't beat the location for this hotel. It is directly next to the marina which puts you in walking distance to all the dive operators that run their boats out of there in the morning.
Dive gear break?? Forget something at home for you dive trip??? No problem.....there is a Divers Direct within walking distance of the hotel.

Rooms were very adequate and clean. No issues what so ever. Pool was nice and a plus after you get back to from your first dives of the day.

They even have some cookies and popcorn in the afternoon!.....grab them up quick because they don't last long.

The only negative thing I could say about the hotel is the elevator. Just takes forever to get to the ground floor and is just too slow.

Other than that......You can't beat the value of this place. I will never stay anywhere else in Key Largo.....just can't beat that conveinence to the dive boats.

NR77

Room Tip: All rooms are good, It would be better to get a lower floor room if you can so you don't have to...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
keylargoresortsmgmt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review reagarding your recent stay. You are 100% correct, it is a Great Hotel with a Great Location and Great Diving. Many of our guests our divers who enjoy the convenience of having the dive shops right downstairs. I'm glad you enjoed our daily complimentary cookies, popcorn and lemonade.
We hope to see you again soon.
Miguel Waldo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Went snorkeling with my two kids and husband, I think having the pool was great for my kids they treat them with popcorn in the afternoon, the room is clean and beds very comfy. I will definetly go back to this hotel since I live in Miami.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I'm glad your kids enjoyed the swimming pool as well as the afternoon snacks. Please come again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed here last minute, when I could not get a reservation at Hilton or Marriott. However this place was about $40 to $50 dollars cheaper than the fancy resorts. I also got free upgrade to full breakfast because I have an elite card status with Marriott rewards program. They also gave me a free bottle of water because of member status which was nice. The rooms were clean and very comfortable 2 queens with mini frig. The lobby offered free coffee and tea and fresh fruit. The pool was small but very clean and comfortable. This place is located right next to Holiday Inn which has a tiki bar. They call this their sister property so the front desk says we are free to swim and use the facilities at either property. Right next to the courtyard all the boats dock and offer snorkel trips, deep sea fishing, glass bottom boat rides. Prices are reasonable for these trips and walking distance from the hotel! We came back around midnight and were hungrey and were able to walk down by the water and find a hopping dive bar and get delicious fish tacos right on the water. The location for this hotel was fabulous. I booked at a triple A rate and got continental breakfast for about $165 approx. a nite when all the other hotels that weekend were asking $200 and up for a busy weekend. If you have elite status they may upgrade you to full hot breakfast. The breakfast area is a counter service offering pancakes, breakfast sandwiches, omelettes and muffins juice to order. With the vouchers I could practically order anything I wanted fresh and delicious! I will probably visit again and take that drift fishing trip which I saw people coming back at midnight with bags and bags of fish for only $40 person!

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed four nights (May 31-June 4) with my sons, ages 19 and 16. The purpose of our trip was to dive 3 days. I had stayed at this property 3 years ago and was pleased then. I had read some recent reviews that were somewhat critical and was anxious to see if it was as good as I remembered. It was, and MORE!

The property is in an excellent location. It is close to all dive locations and just minutes from great restaurants. There is plenty of FREE parking. The pool and hot tub are nice and there are plenty of tables and loungers for guest use. They do not have a restaurant but there is a Bistro that has light breakfast and lunch options.

Our room was very clean. The beds were very comfortable. The balcony was spacious and had a great view of the canal.

The highlight of the stay and the thing that makes the Courtyard Key Largo stand out is the hospitality. Miguel, the general manager, is very visible. He is also very personable. It is obvious he cares about the guest's experience. All staff at the front desk were pleasant and helpful also.

In summary, we had a great stay and will definitely return to this location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
keylargoresortsmgmt, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Mr. Russell,

It was a pleasure meeting you and your sons and talking about Johnny Football. Thank you for your glowing review regarding the hotel and staff. Everything we do is geared to making your stay a positive experience. We hope to see you again very soon.

King William, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were pleasantly greeted and provided very helpful information upon arrival. You have a laundry, fridge and microwave, and a pool. There is plenty of parking and a gas station just at the corner. The staff is great here too. Wonderful location on the canal or waterway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the poolside.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
keylargoresortsmgmt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the pool, laundry, microwave and most importantly the staff. I hope that you come visit us again.

Aurora, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I just wrapped up a dive trip to Key Largo and stayed at the Courtyard By Marriott on Overseas Highway. The hotel was part of a dive package I reserved for a week and is easy enough to find at the end of my drive from the Ft. Lauderdale International Airport.

The hotel itself is nothing special; there are three stories, a small gym, but amble parking. The hotel is located adjacent to a number of boat slips which made catching my dive boat everyday a non-event. There is no formal restaurant located at the hotel just a small Bistro that servers breakfast and a light dinner menu. The fair therein is acceptable, but by no means world-class or in line with the room rates; for the amount of money charged I would expect more.

Speaking of expecting more, the room is of adequate size, but the bathroom is tiny. For instance whenever I wanted to use the toilet I had to close the bathroom door. Water pressure in the sink was substandard and it took quite a while for the water to get hot. There was a flat screen television in the room and a fair amount of channels, but is not HDTV and the quality of the reception was sub-par; once again would have expected more from a hotel room at this price-point.

Wireless is free, but the quality of the reception in my room was poor, so actually using the Internet at times was problematic; at times my wireless connection speed dipped to 2Mbps! Unacceptable in 2014 when wires can be has at much higher rates. And the room should be wired for 100Mbps at this price-point.

The bed was reasonably comfortable, as were the pillows. There is a small refrigerator in the entertainment center beside the television, but no microwave. The balcony was small and fitted with two chairs and a small table. This was idea for drying my scuba gear after dives. A small sign on the sliding door asks guests not to use the balcony for such, that there is a retractable close line in the shower, but my I had no such device in my shower so…

The staff was friendly and my room was cleaned in a timely professional manner every day. Fresh fruit was available in the lobby throughout the day and chocolate chip cookies were put out in the afternoon. Public computers and a printer are available for guest use in the lobby as well.

Overall I was satisfied with my stay at the Courtyard By Marriott in Key Lagro, but not overjoyed. Again at this price-point, some serious updating is needed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
keylargoresortsmgmt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. Through comments like yours we can improve our services. We hope next time you are in Key Largo you give us another try.

Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel is in a good location for divers--one block from Ocean Divers and from a major dive store. Rooms were clean and organized. Staff was great. Very courteous and competent. The one problem is that the hotel is "Pet Friendly." Of course, the hotel has people with pets sign an agreement that they will not leave the pet alone in the room. And, of course, people regularly violate this policy.
My room was adjacent to a yapping dog. I knocked on the door several times, but this just excited the dog and made it bark more. At the front desk, I had to stand in line to complain, as the people from the room across the hall were ahead of me. My room was changed to one on another floor. As I was moving my stuff to the new room, I was blessed by the sound of more yapping. Since it was three doors down from me, I figured I could stand it.
Later, as I was going out for dinner, I stopped and knocked on the door of the barking dogs. Yes, dogs. (By the snorting, I would guess they were Boston Terriers.) No one answered the door, but lots of barking. I stopped by the desk to mention the dogs, and the person ahead of me was there to complain, as he was in the room next to them!
The clerk was very courteous and concerned, and said she would ensure that the manager was made aware of the problem.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo? Share your experiences!