“Key Largo was Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 93 activities in Key Largo
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Snorkeling and Sailing Adventure on a safe, comfortable and well-appointed catamaran.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Gainesville
“Key Largo was Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2009

My girl friend and I recently made a trip to Key Largo for Christmas break. We had the chance to go out snorkeling with Reef Roamer and had the time of our lives. The catamaran had lots of room with a capacity of 49 and only 25 people. The crew was very fun and energetic. Captain Bruce was the funniest, most knowledgeable old guy I have ever met. The crew took us out to white banks reef were I was surprised with the abundant amount of fish! They were everywhere! On the way back to shore we drank free champagne and watched the sun set while the captain sailed us in. I was very surprised to see this company actually sails there boat. I have been on boats in Key West that never sail. In my opinion I would recommend this company to any one. We had an outstanding time.

Miami, FL
4 attraction reviews
“Very Poor Snorkel Ethics”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

I've been snorkeling on Key's reefs dozens of times. Over the New Year holiday, we took my wife's sister and brother down to Key Largo to snorkel and booked ahead through Reef Roamer for a morning trip.

Being experienced, I asked at the desk about the seas (size of the waves) and visibility on the reef. I was told the seas were 1-2 feet (not calm but very easy) and visibility was average. Both were lies.

In truth, the seas were 5-6 feet with 8 foot caps and visibilty was less than 5 feet. In other words, horrid conditions that make the trip worthless and dangerous for first-timers.

Most snorkel and dive boats cancel trips in bad conditions and I learned on our return that many did that day. That was the right thing to have done. It's one thing to take advantage of tourists who don't know better but when I ask the questions and am misinformed, that's another. Both are bad.

I'll never use this company again. Good thing for me - and for others who may read this review - there are plenty of other choices in the Keys. I suggest using them.

Brandon FL
29 attraction reviews
“What Snorkel Cat NOT to Use”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2009

The Reef Roamer and Quick Silver charters are the same outfit. They were loading both boats to the max. We went snorkeling on the Reef Roamer and it was packed--about 24 people on the cat. The weather had been windy so the captain took us to a different reef than the Quick Silver--so that was good. However, we thought the reef we went to was ecologically irresponsible. The reef was very shallow...so shallow that we could not kick or move without touching coral. If we had not had on wet suits, we probably would have been cut by the coral, it was so close. The experience was quite unpleasant due to the closeness; somewhat claustrophopic. I would not recoomend either of these charters.

visiting Key Largo
“best snorkeling/sailing adventure in Key Largo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2008

I just returned from the most wonderful snorkeling/sailing trip of my life! it was on board the REEFROAMER catamaran in Key Largo. This is a MUST for anyone visiting the Florida Keys. The entire staff, from the 'friendliest woman in key Largo' in the booking office, to the knowlegable & helpful mate, to the capable & entertaining captain, this is one experience not to miss! When I download my photos, I will post again.