“Snorkeling and Diving” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Our uncrowded boats carry a maximum of 12 scuba divers, giving you a more relaxed and personal experience. Professional Guides and Instructors can provide a full range of recreational and technical services.
Evansville, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
“Snorkeling and Diving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Simply put, it is one boat with a fantastic crew. The boat had a mix of divers and snorkelers with a max capacity of 12. We went out to the Christ statue first and had the whole place to ourselves for the first hour. By the time we went to the next spot the area had multiple huge pontoons with 20 -30 kids on board. We pulled out and left the chaos for our next stop. Our experience with Silent World was really terrific and having a boat with only 12 guests made a HUGE difference!

Visited June 2014
Silent W, Manager at Silent World Dive Center, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thanks for the feedback - Silent World by name, Silent World by nature: we try to put our guests at the safest and best locations and avoid the drama of being around too much other traffic so you really get to experience the best Mother Nature has to offer. Come back again soon!

“Easily the best dive shop in Key Largo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I spent a couple of weeks diving with the awesome staff at Silent World last month. Everyone is attentive, personable, and knows their stuff! Their punch cards are a great deal and I also got fills, hotel help and so much more from them. Diving off their boat was so much more fun than any other operation I've tried before. I love the smaller groups and felt very safe because of this. I had a great time with Kelan and Rainey helping me out on the boat and Andrew was an excellent guide in the water. Andrew even helped pull together a Grove double dip trip for my dive buddy's birthday at the last minute. :) I was so happy to have found these guys that I am headed back for some more wreck diving next week - can't wait to see more of the Spiegel Grove!

Katie, Glad we could help out especially for the birthday present. Spiegel, Duane and Bibb are all polished ready for your return - we've even got a bunch of new underwater scooters to play with. I fear we've turned you into a wreck monster :-)
Elkridge, Maryland
“The best shop to dive and train with in the Keys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This has been my third time diving with Silent World. Each time they have
exceeded all expectations as a diving establishment. They take the time to get
to know you and the group. We worked with them to tailor our dives to fit both
technical and recreational divers. Everyone on the staff is very friendly and
extremely hard working, doing all they can do help from the moment you call to
book your dives to ensuring that your arrival and prep at the dock is smooth,
that the dives go well, and that the post-dive breakdown is quick and easy.

In addition to running dive charters, they also offer training. Last year when
I decided to pursue technical diving, it was Silent World I trained with. They
have helped me become a much better diver.

I am looking forward to diving with them again!

Visited June 2014
Silent W, Manager at Silent World Dive Center, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Glad everyone had a fun weekend - do you know we made over 10,000cubic feet of nitrox for you guys :-)

The compressor is saying "bring it on - I can do more!"
Mystic, Connecticut
5 attraction reviews
“Best Diving in the Keys. Safe. Fun. Experienced. Small Groups.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Spent a week with these guys (plus a little sojourn to KW for a look at the Vandenberg) diving Key Largos wrecks and reefs. Our primary guide was Andrew who also officiated my dive buddy's AOW course. Intact wrecks like Speigel, Duane, Bibb, and lots of wreckage/reef combo dives. Fish and life galore.

This is a tight group of people dedicated to making their dive center the best in Key Largo. They've taken over from the previous owners and since that time have not had a single bad review (all previous reviews less than 4 stars were under different management).

They are comfortable with advanced tech dives as well as new-to-scuba people. High end re-breathing deco divers one day and snorkelers the next day and everybody walked off the boat at the end of the day with smiles and stories.

They know all the wrecks and reefs inside and out. Andrew (Potter) is an excellent instructor and whatever level you're going for sport or tech, he's probably rated to teach it.

Safe. Safe. Safe. These guys don't fool around with safety issues and are constantly watching divers before and after and following the bubble trails in between.

My dive buddy and I never felt uncomfortable or worried about the crew. Very organized, friendly, answered all our dumb questions as if we were the first ones to ever ask. "What's that ship? What's that thing in the water? Where are the sharks? Where are those guys going? Why can't I bring a banana on the boat?" All rented equipment in top shape. They'll unravel the mysteries of some newbie's uber complicated computer system before he can do it himself.

When my kids are old enough. I'll bring them here for their first dives.

Ryan

Visited June 2014
Thanks for the review - we all had a great time tasking you out to the reefs and wrecks. I've recovered my hard drive so the photos of minnows at the Benwood will be with you soon.

Come back again for your rescue class or just to enjoy more dives - we've got the underwater scooters in now as well so some real fun dives on the way
Portland, Maine
5 attraction reviews
“Wreck diving and AOW + Nitrox Certification”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Just back from a week diving the Florida Keys. Ended up doing 12 dives with the awesome team from Silent World - including 6 on Spiegel Grove and a fantastic day on the Bibb and Duane. Finally decided to officially get my AOW certs done - you have to in order to dive the deeper wrecks with any reputable dive company on the Keys - and I can't imaging going down there and not diving these. Sure there are some great reef dives - we did a couple - but the wrecks are amazing. A few are over 500' and were intentionally sunk as artificial reefs and were prepped for diving - all kinds of great swim throughs - very safe if you are properly trained and know what you are doing. My instructor Andrew was fantastic and led us on a number of the dives. My buddy and I planned out our own dives and felt entirely confident going on our own (Note - most dive companies I saw in the Keys don't have people leading the dives, unless you arrange for this and most charge extra for this. Most of the people we dove with were diving on their own - another reason all the places I talked to required wreck divers to have their AOW certs). I got my Enriched Air cert too while down there and very glad that I did. Longer no deco dives and felt a lot less tired at the end of a day of diving. Absolutely recommend Silent World for anyone looking to dive the wrecks and get your advanced certs.

Visited June 2014
Silent W, General Manager at Silent World Dive Center, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Hello David!

Thank you very much for your Awesome review! We are very blessed to be able to call those wrecks home for our advanced divers. Crazy how quickly the current can go from strong in the morning to not even there in the afternoon. How about Snorkeling with the Dolphins on the Spiegel Grove?!?!

Everyone here at Silent World really enjoyed having you guys here for training and to take you out to multiple different dive sites and wrecks. I am very glad you enjoyed having Andrew as your instructor. He is very passionate about diving and enjoyed finishing up your AOW training, as well as introducing the two of you to Nitrox!. What is the next step for dive training going to be for you now?

Once again, tahnk you for your excellent review and we can't wait to have you back for more dives on these wrecks!