“A Bucket List Must” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 60 things to do in Key Largo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Swimming with dolphins
More attraction details
Owner description: Water program with dolphins and Sea Lions for children seven and older.
Nashville, Tennessee
23 attraction reviews
“A Bucket List Must”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

For Christmas, we gave our grandchildren 8, 9, and 11 an encounter with these amazing Dolphins. Also, we had an Adult with Developmental Disabilities in our group. While, the grandchildren were excited when we told them about their pending Dolphin Swim, they were ecstatic in the water with "Bella and Lotus." Mary Lou was our trainer and she was excellent at assessing the temperament and focus level of our group. When we booked the encounter with the Dolphins, Dolphins Plus asked if we had anyone in our group who was disabled? We answered yes and they emailed us a form to complete. From there, they coordinated our visit to acquire a specialist to help our special needs adult. Enter......Kim who was there to ensure everyone had the encounter of their life. She worked with our special needs person and assessed her level of comfort and adjusted the activity to ensure a positive out come.

Our group got kisses from these amazing beautiful and intelligent mammals. They allowed us to touch them and pulled us while each of us held onto their dorsal fins. They pushed us by placing their mouths into the balls of our feet. We held up hoops and they jumped through them. I have had Dolphin encounters where I was allowed to touch them and kiss them. However this is the real deal......where you are interacting with the Dolphins.

Creating Memories is the name of the game...... And Dolphin Plus certainly did that! We also paid extra to have the staff photographer taking photos It certainly was well worth it. The photographer took over 400 pictures. They do charge for visitors to watch the encounter, $10.00 each. However, visitors are not in the right position to get action shots or even videos. You need to book the photographer ahead of time and I would suggest you do that at the time of booking.

Thank you Dolphin Plus for giving us an awesome experience which our family will always treasure! A special thanks to Bella, Lotus, Mary Lou, and Kim for their assistance! You Guys rock!

LaGrange, Georgia, USA
5 attraction reviews
“Experience of a lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

It's been over 20 years ago, but I went swimming with dolphins at Dolphins Plus on three separate occasions. Each one was a unique experience and it fulfilled a life dream of mine. I highly recommend checking them out if it has always been a dream of yours to get close to these amazing mammals.

Visited February 2012
Tupelo, Mississippi
4 attraction reviews
“Don't even consider anywhere else.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is the best place to go in the US if not in on the entire planet. We went yesterday and our 13 year old daughter achieved a lifelong dream. They are a green/natural enviornment and the dolphins are SO WELL TAKEN CARE OF. They offer education and several different experience opportunities. We did the combo package, the structured and the natural experience.. if you are going to go big.. go large! Must be in good shape to do the natural experience but, I recommend it. You can even paint with the dolphins, we didn't do that. :( We also got the photo cd. The trainers really care about their dolphins.. It is a happy place.. and you leave feeling good and happy. It is such a laid back yet very professional outfit.

Us parents, observed and it was reasonable for 10.00 each. I was encouraged to take photos and video too. They were very accommodating. I can not recommend it enough. Wonderful place! We come back to Miami.. we'll go there again!

Visited January 2013
Geneva, Illinois
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My family went to Dolphins Plus a few weeks ago, and we were highly impressed by the individualized program we had with the Structured Swim. I also participated in the Natural Swim which was an unbelievable program..highly recommended! My parents, who like to complain, had absolutely nothing bad to say. Great customer service, great training before the swim- everything was great.

Visited December 2012
Warwick, Rhode Island
17 attraction reviews
“So Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband surprised me with a swim with dolphins during our trip to the Keys. This is on my bucket list, but I was a little nervous to actually do this activity. Prior to your swim, you sit through a brief "educational" talk where you learn about dolphins, their company, and what you will get to experience. After that you are fitted with a life jacket and you have the option to wear a wet suit. Wear the wet suit, that water is cold in December. We met our trainer who was so nice and friendly! She made sure we were comfortable getting into the water and during each activity we completed (structured swim). The time goes by VERY fast! It is supposed to be 30 minutes, but depending on how cooperative your dolphin is it goes faster or slower. You get to do the same amount of tricks, but the time will vary. I felt the time flew by, but we had a blast doing it! We did not sign up for a photography package beforehand, but there was a photographer on our dock taking pictures. To be honest, the picture CD is really expensive. We thought we would just leave with the memory, but the pictures turned out so well we had to buy a couple to share. I highly recommend this experience if you have ever wanted to swim with dolphins.

Visited December 2012