“Amazing! Loved kayaking here!” 5 of 5 stars

305-451-6300
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 20 Attractions in Key Largo
Type: Beaches, National Parks, Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Parks, State Parks, Tours, Reefs, Outdoors
Activities: Snorkeling, Scuba diving, Sunbathing, Hiking
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A beautiful state park that features land and undersea adventures.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Iowa
“Amazing! Loved kayaking here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2014 NEW

What an amazing park! Our first visit to the park we walked along the beach. The beach is well kept, clean, with a lot of space to enjoy the sun and water. The glass bottom boat tour was incredible! We saw a lot of jellyfish, dozens of different types of colorful fish, and sea turtles. The coral reefs are also amazing! The public bathroom/shower rooms are well kept and clean. The gift shop offered everything you could need: towels, tshirts, sunscreen, snorkeling gear, etc. We also enjoyed kayaking through the mangroves, which was my favorite part of the park. Friendly, helpful staff. I will definitely visit here again!

• Finnish first
Des Moines, IA
18 attraction reviews
“Glass bottom catamaran if it's too cool to snorkel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2014 NEW

I love snorkeling, but the cool temps this week made it less alluring, so I tried the glass bottom catamaran tour. Do it! I was able to keep my jacket on, but still see corals, sponges, LOTS of fish, and even a hawksbill turtle. The guide on board did a great job of telling us about whatever we happened to see at the moment. This isn't a canned presentation because she has to talk about whatever swims by, and she did a great job...another advantage over snorkeling. OH..and I followed the recommendation to purchase Dramamine on board before sailing. ($1) Cheapest insurance I ever bought!

Boca Raton, Florida
205 attraction reviews
“A NATIONAL TREASURE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2014 NEW

I've snorkeled here, and I've scuba dived here. It's always an adventure. Lots of reef fish at times. The fish seem to have gotten used to human presence and don't just bolt when I swim close to them. The shallow water allows me lots of bottom time. I usually do a two-tank dive here. There are several local dive operators on the key. Night diving is exciting.

Visited September 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
4 attraction reviews
“Nice! Pretty busy in December. It must be crazy crowded here when schools out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2014 NEW

Trails,swimming,kayaks,boat ramps, docks, showers, gifts and an aquarium. This place has it all! Transient boat slips for boats up to about 12 foot beam. $30.45 per day with electricity and water. This is a great place to stop and spend some time. $4.50 per person per day.

Daytona Beach, Florida
27 attraction reviews
“Great Camping ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2014

We stayed for a week and I could have stayed longer. We enjoyed staying here as our first longer camping trip with our 23 ft trailer. We bring our motorcycle in the truck and there was room for everything without being crowded.

It was warm still, high 80's, so there were lots of mosquitoes but we didn't care and used bug spray. It is quiet and so much to do. It's close to everything with pizza, grocery and Kmart 2 miles away.

The sites are a bit smaller than some state parks but it is the keys! The sites are full service which is really nice too. There are s couple of little beaches where you have to wear water shoes. Kayaks and snorkeling equipment are all available for rent.

You have to book ahead because this is a very busy place as a rule.

We are headed back again for a few days before the Christmas holiday.