“No Sandy Beach” 3 of 5 stars

Activities: Snorkeling, Scuba diving, Sunbathing, Hiking
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A beautiful state park that features land and undersea adventures.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
FORT WAYNE
40 attraction reviews
“No Sandy Beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Start your visit with an entrance fee more than advertised on their website. Unfriendly staff taking your money & continuing conversations with other workers while they ignore you with only enhance the fact that this is not what you'd expect for a "beach" location. Rocks, dirt, & lots of sea grass await you at this park, with close to zero visibility for your snorkeling pleasures. They have a "re-creation" of a Spanish ship wreck about 100' off shore that consists of a large anchor & some cannons. Do your self a favor, take a boat tour. Not worth the money. The gate fees go up if you have more than 2 people in the car. What a racket.

• Finnish first
Winter Garden, Florida
27 attraction reviews
“glass bottom tour..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I booked the glass bottom boat tour 3 days in advanced. The gentleman I spoke with on the phone was friendly and informative.
I prepped myself with sea sick pills and all, just in case(I am sea-sick prone).

I received a call a half hour before we had to be the the park to say that all tours have been cancelled due to wind. We were disappointed but totally understood. We didn't know what else to do so we decided to check out the park anyway just to walk around.

We drove up and was told immediately by the attendant at the booth that all tours have been cancelled that day. Not even a hello or anything. What upset us even more, is it seemed like we were keeping this lady from her personal manicure, as she continued to file away at her nails as she tried to turn us away. What the!?!?! There was no friendliness at all-we decided to just get out of there as soon as possible. I hope to do the glass bottom boat tour the next time I can make it to the keys, but I HOPE I don't have to interact with that woman again.
by the way there is a $10 fee to get into the park

Colorado Springs, CO
12 attraction reviews
“Expecting Something Different”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I was totally expecting this park to be totally different. We did the snorkeling trip and it was good, pricey if you have to rent gear and wetsuits. But if your going just for the park, I think there are better places to visit.

Townsend, Tennessee
24 attraction reviews
“Nice beaches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

There are several nice braces here for sunbathing , swimming and snorkeling. Usually the water is very clear. Dive and snorkeling boat trips are available for tours here several times a day. Call first though to get a place. There are also 3 short trails, however the Hammock trail is damaged so you cannot get to the observation tower. Overall a must when in Key Largo.

Malmö
10 attraction reviews
“Nice trip to see the coral reef”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Nice trip with inspiring speakers explaining the different speices on the reef. Make sure you use sea-sick pills as it is just a matter of time before you whish you had.. especially if the waters are a little on the high side.