“sea sick” 3 of 5 stars

Activities: Snorkeling, Scuba diving, Sunbathing, Hiking
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A beautiful state park that features land and undersea adventures.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Sewell, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“sea sick”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Nice park; $10 a car to enter even though we were going there for the glass-bottom boat tour. The tour was average; in fact, they warned us that people get motion-sick staring down into the tilted windows of the bottom of the boat. I didn't believe this would happen to me, but I found myself stumbling outside and sucking on peppermints (they handed them out) with an unbelievable amount of other passengers who didn't believe it would happen to them, either. Also, I kept looking for their beach...until a staffer informed me I was on it. Their 'beach' area is tiny, rocky and coarse. Not someplace I would want to snorkel off the beach. A guess this is endemic to Key Largo's beaches; that's why they have snorkeling trips to take you far out. As my husband couldn't swim, we missed out. All in all, a little boring, especially considering how far in advance we had to show up to buy the tickets to reserve our space on the boat.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A grat place for the novice...and the more seasoned”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

If you take the tour boat out to a reef, you will get a birds eye view of what is usually reserved for divers or snorkelers. If you snorkel at the beach, you'll see amazing fish and often stingrays!

Visited August 2012
Tampa, Florida
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Best snorkeling in the Keys!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I didn't have time to really do a lot of exploring, but the time I did have was fantastic for snorkeling. Lots of fish to see, including Tarpon, lobsters, Parrott-fish and more.

Visited March 2012
Hallandale Beach, Florida, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A Great Stop in the Keys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stopped specifically for the glass bottom boat ride over the reef, it was fantastic! The boat was huge, very clean a d the crew was knowledgeable, friendly and very well presented. Had a great time saw plenty and liked it enough that I plan to return when I come by this park the next time. Also stopped at the visitor's center and thoroughly enjoyed the reef recreation there.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Free entry to honor Veterans on Veterans Day Holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Though the water was very choppy and visability was not optimal for snorkeling, our family enjoyed a couple of other areas of the park and the visitors center. Thanks for honoring our veterans during our visit!