“Constant Action & Monster Fish” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: I, Capt. Jason Long, of Best Bet Sportfishing, am a native of Marathon Fla., FSU Graduate and a USCG licensed captain. Join me and my team of knowledgeable professionals for a great day of fishing aboard one of our clean, well maintained boats. We specialize in live bait fishing using only the top of the line equipment. Whether reef, wreck, bay, offshore, or Tarpon, we have fished these waters extensively and will put you on the targeted species. We look forward to fishing with you!
Marathon, Florida
“Constant Action & Monster Fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

No more than a minute from arriving at the first of many excellent spots we immediately got into a plethora of monster fish. From mammoth mutton snappers to giant cobia and everything in between, everyone on board was constantly catching fish. Jason Long and his crew are extremely knowledgeable and have years of experience and the results speak for themselves. The best part of the trip is that the crew is not just out there for the ride but really (and still ) has a passion to put you the angler on the fish of a lifetime. Thanks to the crew of the Best Bet and any angler out there that wants the most of their next fishing charter than this is the boat for you!

Visited September 2012

Tampa, Florida, United States
“Many years of catching big fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I have been fishing the best bet for the last 7 years or so. My wife and I will go out with no other capt. In fact my mom,dad,aunts,uncles,cousins,brothers,and good friends all have been lucky enough to experience the best bet magic. The difference on this boat, they want you to catch fish..its not just a pretty boat ride. From off shore to reef, always a success. If you want an incredible experience, book the best bet for a fishing tournament..capt Jason does not like to lose...we won money twice. Not to mention..mikey the mate, is as great as they come.

Visited June 2012
“Never had a bad day on this boat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

My wife and I have fished with Captain Long a handful of times and its always the same... Lots of fish, good times and great memories with family and friends.

I've been on several fishing charters in the Keys and there's definitely a big difference between a great captain/boat and a poor one. Some captains want to take you out, catch a couple of fish and once you have a couple in the cooler, they're ready to head to the dock and take your money. Every time we've gone fishing on the Best Bet, the captain was always trying to find the fish and get them on your hook from start to finish. Would recommend to anyone from families to hardcore offshore fishermen.

Visited January 2012
Marathon, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Always a good time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I've had the the privilege of fishing with Captain Long as well as Captain Mike of Best Bet Sportfishing many times over the past few years. They will go out of their way to put you on the fish and really care about what they do and are great at helping beginner anglers get their feet wet. Highly recommended!

-Drew

Dallas, Texas
“Fun Fishing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We really enjoyed our reef fishing trip with Best Bet! Jason and Mike were really great. We caught a bunch of fish and let a bunch go too. They really made our 11 year old son feel like a
champion. He caught the biggest fish! We had a lot of fun, caught snapper & grouper, and even saw a turtle on the way out! See you next year,
Nancy, Bob & Sean