“Not the best Peruvian” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Key Biscayne, Florida
“Not the best Peruvian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We recently visited their other location in Aventura (we hesitated, because we never enjoy the one in KB), and that's when we realized that the KB location, with the same menu items, is average at best. The food in Aventura was really good, yet the exact same dishes are not even close in Key Biscayne.

I live and work in Key Biscayne, so I guess that I will end up going there again. It is not "bad" but again, there are better options. But if you are in the Aventura area, try the one there!

Dade City, Florida
“Good seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Good food and drinks. A little pricey for what we got but still good. The restaurant is a bit crowded and loud. But crowded is good if you own the restaurant. This was partially because it is August in Florida and the outdoor seating couldn't be used.

Visited August 2012
miami
“It truly represents Peruvian Cuisine at its best!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Ok, let me tell you a little bit about this place.

First of all, the Pisco Sours are THE BEST!! They use the best Pisco in their Pisco Sours, made with the finest pisco grape that there is out there. I also tried the Pisco Chilcano and I got proven wrong when I said "no drink is better than the Pisco Sour here." .... And they also make the Caipirinhas better than brasilians, ask for the ginger infused passionfruit caipirinha!!

Moving on to the food. As a cold appetizer the Causa, is hands down by far the best causa I have tried in my entire life. The Shrimp & Calamari Skillet its amazing and Ceviche....Ceviche its El Gran Inka's specialty.

For my main course I had the "Chilenean Seabass a lo Macho" and it was the best seafood sauce I have had in my entire life.
My friend had the Lomo Saltado, a true peruvian classic, and once again, better than in Peru

Service was great, it was very busy tho, but once the ambience music started playing, the dining experience was even better. My Server was great and The manager Diego was very kind and had a great personality, he basically gave me a lesson about food, wine, and peruvian culture.

I lived in Peru for over a decade and know about peruvian cuisine, I'll definitely be back very soon!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Memphis, Tennessee
“Expensive but Good Peruvian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I wish there was a "good" option. Having lived in Peru for 5 years I grew to love Peruvian food. My wife and I started with an appetizer of anticuchos (heartkibob) which was the best thing we ate. Since I'm used to paying $2 for them in Peru I thought the $9 price tag was too much, but they were fantastic. I ordered the Ceviche which was good but was missing something that I can't put my finger on. My wife ordered the Lomo Saltado which was good but tasted americanized or something. I think they added too much soy sauce to the meat.

While the food was good I don't know if I'd ever eat there again because it's just too pricey. Thank God I had a Groupon.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Parkland Florida
“Stay away”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Overpriced and just not great quality. The service was ok but at the end of the day.. its the food that speaks the loudest. Sorry. Stay away.

Visited July 2012