“OK but no real value for money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Silver Sands Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Key Biscayne
Silver Sands Beach Resort
Save Saved
You added Silver Sands Beach Resort to your Saves list
301 Ocean Dr, Key Biscayne, FL 33149   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Key Biscayne
Cambridge
“OK but no real value for money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I attended a meeting at the only other hotel in Key Biscayne, but since I was travelling on a tight budget I stayed at the Silver Sands Beach Hotel. The walk to the other hotel was a very pleasant one by the beach.
But honestly if it wasn't for the lack of other hotels on the island and the sky high prices of the Ritz, I wouldn't have chosen to stay here. It was (is it still that way?) very strange having to phone them to make a reservation because there is no way you can book online. After providing my credit card details over the phone they wouldn't send me an email cofirming the reservation -which made me jumpy since I normally need that detail when entering the States.
The taxi driver from the airport hadn't heard of the hotel, so I was really anxious that I got skimmed. Luckily, the hotel exists and the people servicing are quite nice. It's quite OK, sort of a motel but right by the beach.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
murfreesboro tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed here with my 94 year old mom. The front desk personnel, especially Omar and Juan, were very helpful and friendly. The pool is a large size, the landscaping makes one feel as if you were on a tropical island..atmosphere is very laid back. It is like a mom and pop place...if you are looking for luxury this is not the place but if you are looking for a quiet place in which to relax...this is a great place for a family vacation. I will definitely return

Room Tip: We stayed courtside and right by the swimming pool. There are also cabins with a complete kitchen...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Laredo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

I love the beaches at Crandon park on Key Biscayne so I looked for a hotel on the beach. Silver sands was perfect and affordable. (ritz was very expensive and next door)
Motel style , very "70's or 60's" very basic and clean. Lush grounds and a great pool.
Unfortunately the beach closed on our 3rd day for repairs but we had the pool to ourselves ; must have been off season.
No frills or amenities - each room has a kitchenette so we had a fridge micro and coffee maker - was perfect
The island has a Winn Dixie and Cvs
And my favorite "la carretta" Cuban restaurant
Beds were comfy , a/c was a window unit
It was quite cold in the room
I recommend this hotel - would be great for families not fancy

• Stayed June 2012
West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012 via mobile

This is the worst hotel I've been too! The beds had little bug body parts and the floors were nasty! The woman could have at least learned a little English. The salt had bugs in it and the lamps never worked. The location was pretty but the cons overpowered it. Don't go!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012

Travelers are raving about these Key Biscayne hotels

Greenwich, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

We spent 5 days at the Sony Ericsson Tennis open and stayed at the Silver Sands Motel.
I know, "motel" sounds tacky, but we had a wonderful time. Our room had a private
patio just outside our door, with table, umbrella and 4 chairs.
The room was neat, the beds comfortable, the A/C was new, and the bathroom spotless.
The grounds are kept immaculate, the staff are very friendly, courteous, helpful, just like boy scouts!
The pool is kept pristine with a gentleman who distributes towels, arranges the chairs and in general, is pleasant and helpful.
There is an access to the beach, but it is a small beach and we found it best to just walk
along the beach front for our morning and evening exercise.

We have already made our reservations for 2013 and can't wait to return.
If you are "fussy" and want big hotel ammenities, look elswhere, but if you like the
retro look, then the Silver Sands is the place to go.
Parking is free, beach towels are free, the chairs are free, and the main office
always has a pot of fresh coffee brewing and they have a computer that one can use to
print out boarding passes or do a quick searh for whatever.
Juan was the office manager and very helpful.
I guess you could say we loved our stay.
Steve & Marlis Galkin, CT

Room Tip: Ask for the garden side. Breakfast at your own little patio is a delight!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I booked a three night garden view room at the Silver Sands during the Sony Ericsson Tennis Event. Check in was supposed to be at 1:00 and I requested the room not be cleaned with any chemicals because I have a lung disease. Arrived 3:30: room not ready, faced seaweed instead of garden, and room smelled from pine cleaner. Called the office and the women I spoke with responded to my concerns by saying you're lucky you are only paying $189 because the rates are now $209 and "Why don't you check out!" (rates online and in their local magazine verify the rate of $189.) Luckily there was a gentleman in the office that did try to help and offered a different room, even though the woman said there were no other rooms. Now for the positives. This is an older establishment in a great location, very clean, price is right. Beach is not much of a beach but you can sit and read or swim. Pool is beautiful. Garden view rooms offer your own table and chairs outside of room for coffee and breakfast or just relaxing and feeding the local squirrels. Beds are hard like rocks but clean.

Room Tip: Garden view room is a must. If you have a bad back take something soft to sleep on.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Belmont, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

we have been staying here for years. quiet and relaxing. no, it isn't the Ritz, but the prices can
't be beat. yes, there isn't much beach here, but just up the way a bit is beautiful Crandon Beach, which is huge and mostly deserted in the winter time. the rooms on the courtyard side are the best. we like to stay opposite the bungalows, away from the pool. the staff is very friendly and helpful. shops and restaurants are just a short walk away. and Miami is just a 15 min. drive. we hope this place will be around for a long time to come.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Silver Sands Beach Resort? Share your experiences!