“Worst Service I have EVER had. 1 Hour+ wait for subpar food!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 57 restaurants in Key Biscayne
Cuisines: Italian
Arlington, Virginia
“Worst Service I have EVER had. 1 Hour+ wait for subpar food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

It's near the bay with an average view of the water.

The food is ok to good for a few items and you can see that the presentation is good. The problem is that it took 20 minutes for them to take our order, another 15 minutes to bring out the drinks and another 20 minutes for the food.

The burgers are basically frozen patties and the eggplant Parmesan sandwich also tasted like it was premade frozen.

We never got a single refill of our drinks and I only got my drink (a coke) after the food came after about an hour wait.

Poor service, subpar food and crazy long wait for something as simple as getting a drink. The total bill for our group of 8 was over $100 for something that should only have cost about $60.

The restaurant charges a mandatory 18% tip on large groups which is probably why the wait staff doesn't care one bit about service.

Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else for a better meal.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
Miami Beach, Florida
“Out of the Way Hideaway with Superb Italian Cusine and a View!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

A friend had a Groupon type coupon that had to be redeemed by a certain date or she would lose her ticket - and the last night it was still valid she had run out of potential guests. Knowing me to be an adventurous foodie - she thankfully invited me and boy am I glad she did. The food can be considered pricey for what is basically Italian pastas (although seafood choices abound as this quaint wooden hideaway is scooched right up to the Biscayne Bay with wonderful sunset views) but WAIT till you order! Lobster filled ravioli literally bursts with juicy chunks of lobster meat with each and every bite - they don't stint here! And my companion, who had a simple spaghetti and meatballs had some of the best meatballs and sauce this far south of New York & Phillie - scrumptious - and plenty left over for seconds or leftovers - and let me tell you - we can put it away!

Stylish boutique wine list and an attentive wait staff makes this a handy little hideaway to return to again and again - there are larger splashier dining spots on Key Biscayne but this by far is the little engine that can do! I can't wait for the summer mosquito season to turn into our pleasant less humid autumn here in Miami so I can dine alfresco outside and really let the views sink into the setting along with the food and wine.

• Visited July 2011