We stayed at this hotel three times over the past several years. After each stay, our experience with the hotel went from excellent to average to neutral, and after our most recent stay in July 06, we decided that we will not be coming back.
What we liked:
Relatively close to South Beach, downtown Miami, airport but is secluded and quiet enough.
2. Property and grounds.
The property and the grounds are beautiful. Nice lobby, spa, library bar, two nicely sized swimming pools, long stretch of the beach.
3. 4th of the July festivities.
Watching amazing fireworks from the hotel's beach, Sand Castle (it took the hotel's staff 10 hrs to make it), BBQ on the lawn.
What we didn't like:
1. Management turnover. It seems like the hotel has changed management a lot in the past several years. This resulted in somewhat spotty service (especially on the beach and poolside), changes in rules (guests were ordered to wear wristbands), and lack of client intimacy that the Ritz and other hotels of this class are known for.
2. Beach and pool chairs/umbrellas.
They were nearly impossible to get and the staff was not very helpful in securing these to the guest. Furthermore, during our most recent stay at the hotel , we've discovered that they have changed all beach chairs from a comphy high end ones colored in Ritz's signature blue to generic plastic ones.
Very limited options. Not good value for money.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Marriott, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami Hotel Key Biscayne
- Key Biscayne Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Key Biscayne
- Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne