This is a beautiful hotel in a lovely location - being in Key Biscayne it is quite isolated and about 15-20 mins from central Miami and further to South Beach, so you have to be prepared to travel a lot if you want to visit Miami. I was there for work but felt very much like I was on holiday somewhere exotic and relaxing.
The room was nice, with a comfy bed. I had a view over the fountains and could see the sea which was nice. Decent sized bathroom, think the shower was ok (in some US hotels I find there is no power)
I ate in the main Italian restaurant which was nice, though a colleague did send something back as she thought it was horrible (the steak), but they we happy to change it for something else. There are a couple of good sized pools including an adult one and you can also go onto the beach which is generally quiet.
I think one day I had to wait ages for them to clear my room as I had food in there from room service and when I came back later it was still there. Also I think I had to ask for toiletries for 2 ppl, which ought to be standard for a twin room.
The toiletries disappointed me, in other luxury 5 star hotels (Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, Shangri-La etc) which I imagine Ritz Carlton consider themselves to be in the same market segment, you get L'Occitane or Molten Brown no matter what category of room, but here I just got Ritz Carltons own! (A colleague did get Bulgari so it seems in some higher rooms you get better but not all). A 5 star luxury hotel ought to provide luxury toiletries to all.
Overall a lovely hotel with friendly and helpful staff, good food and service and overall very relaxing whilst always feeling like oh are somewhere special. Loses a star for the toiletries!
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami Hotel
- The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami Hotel Key Biscayne
- Key Biscayne Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne
- Ritz Key Biscayne
- Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne
- Key Biscayne Ritz-Carlton
- Key Biscayne Ritz
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.