“Fireworks at Ritz Key Biscayne” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Key Biscayne
Miami, Florida
“Fireworks at Ritz Key Biscayne”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

I love the Ritz but whenever I come to Florida (I used to live here) I stay @ The Ritz Key Biscayne, although I ve always loved it - they truly made an impression this year. I was hesitant to be amongst herds of people during the Holiday weekend, but they blew me away..i travel a lot and we stay at Four Seasons, Peninsula, Ritz..alll fine hotels. There was an impressive manner in which the hotel just seemed to work, fully staffed, people were gracious and friendly, staff looked genuinely happy. I ws always feverishly attacked by bellman and doormen to help me! the hospitality was infectious! No lines anywhere - they seemed to manage crowds well. The spa was outstanding and I never saw one single area unattended or a towel missing from a spot, our room was beautiful and room service was on time and impressive. Pool service was excellent. Front Desk and Concierge did everything I asked, from printing brochures to getting me maps. I felt the hotel was just working for me!! very exclusive and the beaches, the people, the hotel, the grounds, the room...i never wanted to go back. Thank you Ritz Key Biscayne for making us so welcome and so happy :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Korean first
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

We stayed 2 nights in late June and the service and facilities were great. We had a bay view room that was clean and adequate. We spent a day at the pool with our two young kids and they enjoyed it. The buffet breakfast was very nice and pool side food service was timely. As expected though, everything was a little pricey and automatically included 18% gratuity. We were only a short drive from South Beach where we had dinner one of the nights. The beach was not big but there was plenty of room for us during our stay. There were small iguanas and a few exotic birds roaming around the pool and outdoor restaurant areas which was neat, at least the kids thought so.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I just return from a 2 night stay as this hotel. I had a horrible vacation thanks to racist staff they have working at this hotel who are not promoting the five star experience the Ritz promises it customers. I have stay at many Ritz Carlton hotels throughout the world and have never had any problems with racial discrimination like at this location. I was humiliated by not being allowed back into the property after going to the beach with my grand child because according to them I was not a registered guest although I provided them with the room number and last name which they say was not valid.. I told the staff to please allowed me in to go speak to there manager and he didn't allowed me to access the property through the beach so I had to go around the hotel to speak to the manager which apologize but wasn't very helpful. This hotel make peoples of color feel very uncomfortable by humiliating and harassing them. My advice is if you want to have a horrible vacation at a hotel who believes and promotes racist behavior to there guest stay here otherwise please check out other great hotels in Miami that treat guest the way they should be treated.

Room Tip: Please go to another hotel who doesn't beleive in racial segration
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
RCKeyBiscayne, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami, responded to this review, July 9, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

thank you for writing your opinion about your experience in our Hotel over the 4th of July week-end. Please know that we work very hard to keep the privacy of our registered Hotel guests, including yours; during Holidays we are lucky to be fully booked with registered guests, in addition to non registered guests who would like to enjoy our beautiful Resort for the day. In order to avoid our Hotel to be over-crowded causing your experience to be diminished, we only allow registered guests, especially during peak periods, to enter our Hotel as otherwise our Hotel guests may not have the experience they paid for. I know that as a registered Hotel guest you value that we keep the Resort exclusive to registered guests so that you are able to enjoy your vacation without the Hotel being overcrowded.

We look forward to re-creating enjoyable memories to our Hotel guests, and continue to value our relationships with our valued local community whenever we are able.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

My husband and I just got back from the Ritz Key Biscayne. We had an unbelievable experience..from the moment Mario helped us out of our cab from the airport and offered us a glass of champagne to the last moment of our trip, the service was exceptional. We chose to reserve a club level room and folks, there is no other way to vacation! Breakfast, a light lunch (sandwiches, soup, cheeses, breads, salads) and oer d'oevres in the evening are all included as well as champagne, red and white wine, and mixed drinks. So worth it! The club level is nicely appointed and quiet. We must say something about the concierge staff as well. Marc and Maria were incredibly helpful and knowledgable about all the Miami hotspots. The rest of the club level staff were friendly and accomodating. The Ritz is all about the details and they have perfected all of them! We will certainly choose a Ritz property again, perhaps with the kids this time! My only complaint, our 8 night trip was too short!

Room Tip: Club level is a must
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Ritz-Carlton has perfected customer service, high quality, and incredible overal experience at this hotel. This property is amazing! We stayed in an ocean view room, and our children stayed in a deluxe suite which also had an ocean view. The hotel staff was so professional and helped make the overall experience terrific. The restaurants at the Ritz ,are so great! They have wonderful food, great service and terrific variety of food! We will be back to this hotel again!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Great Falls, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

The Ritz Key Biscayne is a very nice property with excellent service. No, it's not a Four Seasons but there are more pros than cons when it comes to the facility.

The pros include excepeptional service from a caring and friendly staff. The front desk people were always helpful and had a smile on their face and a desire to help. The concierge helped us on a number of reservations and was knowledgable and very good. The rooms were always clean and people were uniformly helpful. The restaurant food was good but it's fair to say that the options are limited. The Cantina served good Mexican fare and we ate their twice. Cioppino's was good but I would certainly not call it a memorable meal. In fact, the menu was fairly standard.

The cons are subtle but explain some of the other TA reviews. The outside of the property is a bit dated and the rooms are generally fairly small, though very nice. The pool bar mysteriously closes at 6 pm each evening though they clearly could continue to serve many guests if they had adequate staff. Service around the pools and on the beach was spotty, at best, and seems to result from a less-than-ideal number of attendants. The restaurants are also not a major selling point right now -- there is simply no reason to stay at the hotel to eat with so many good options in Miami.

All in all, this is a nice resort that could be great with a few upgrades.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Morganville, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a 3 night getaway at the RCKB. It was our first trip in 10 years without our kids and it proved to be a wonderful time. When picking our destination, I obsessed over the hotel after reading horror stories reviews at various places. First off, I am extremely neurotic about cleanliness and have a obsessive fear of bed bugs in hotels. Thankfully, our room was immaculate which is my number one priority when staying in a hotel. The bathroom was spotless and the bed duvet was wrapped entirely (top and bottom) in fresh sheets. Housekeeping comes 2x daily and did an outstanding job. The service at the RC was fantastic. Upon arrival, you are greeted by name and offered lemonade. We were upgraded at no charge to an ocean front room. Our luggage arrived immediately. The grounds are meticulously groomed and gorgeous. We had a great AAA discount and stayed on the Club Level for $300 a night. Excellent value. The Club Lounge was sophisticated and well-appointed. They serve breakfast, lunch, hors d'oeuvres, and desserts. The food was high quality and well presented. The service in the Club was outstanding. Servers always ready to wisk away your empty plate or glass. White and red wine, champagne, and top shelf liquor served throughout the day. I would highly recommend the Club level. The only money we spent on food or drinks was for dinners. We received complimentary champagne and dessert at the Cantina restaurant in honor of our anniversary. The food at Cantina was fantastic. Fresh guacamole made at your table. The marinated skirt steak was amazing.

Being as this was our only get away without kids, I was extremely thankful for the adults only pool. The main pool was quite crowded with kids, wet towels, and lots of activity. Just what we wanted to get away from!! The adult only pool was peaceful, remote and tranquil: perfect!! My only issue was that the lounge cushions at the adult pool were black with mildew....looking shoddy and needed to be replaced, but with a towel covering it, it was fine. The beach was disappointing for us. We are spoiled by fabulous NJ beaches: clear water and very wide. The beach at RCKB is very, very narrow and therefore very crowded. The water is murky is there is tons of seaweed. Not so great. So we stayed poolside the whole time. We rented bikes and rode down to the state park which was nice activity. The lobby bar had great ambience. Of course, the drinks are all $15, poolside or in the bars, but you have to expect this at a resort. Overall, we had a great time and the hotel met expectations and exceeded them with regard to cleanliness and service.

Room Tip: If possible, go for oceanfront and Club Level!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami? Share your experiences!