“Great interaction” 5 of 5 stars

+1 305-892-8992
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: This place is great for locals, tourists, singles, families--even the dog to hop on a windsurfer, kayak, or stand-up paddle board. Accessible and affordable water sports school, rental, and shop. Fantastic staff.
Brookston, Indiana, USA
“Great interaction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

We brought down a group of teenagers. Everything throughout the entire trip was pleasant. From the emails beforehand, to the fact that they opened specifically for our group on a day they are not normally open, to how they helped the teens learn to sailboard.
Thanks so much for a great day, I think we will do it again this year.

Visited June 2010
sailmiami, Owner at Sailboards Miami Water Sports, responded to this review, March 6, 2011
So glad your group had fun. We love to gets teenagers out on the water, experiencing the success of windsurfing! And it's always fun to have customers return each year! Thank you so much for taking the time to write!

Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Fun in the Sun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

If you are looking to have fun in the sun, Sailboards Miami is as good as South Florida living gets! The windsurfing and kayaking is incredible and the location is so beautiful. It feels like you're on vacation even if you live here! I was especially impressed with the knowledge of the staff ~ they were even able to teach ME how to windsurf! This is a great place for the adventurer, athlete, and anyone who wants to get outdoors to try something new.

New York City, New York
“If you love watersports, you MUST visit Sailboards Miami!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

My family and I recently visited Fla. on a family vacation. We decided to be adventurous and try some water sports. Since the sailboarding seemed to be more than we could handle, we opted for kayaking. The staff could not have been more patient, professional, and friendly. We had a great time and might even go for the sailboarding next time. A must do!

sailmiami, Owner at Sailboards Miami Water Sports, responded to this review, April 27, 2010
We're so glad you had a good time. It's great that your family got out there and enjoyed the water--it's what makes Miami so special. And, yes, next time we'll get you out on a windsurfer or perhaps a paddle board. Stay well and we look forward to seeing you again.
New York City, New York, USA
“Con Artist not a Windsurfing Instructor - Potential windsurfer Beware!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

The owner makes claims but doesn't follow through. His idea of instruction is to shout from the land, you'll learn nothing except what it feels like to get ripped off. He'll claim it's ideal conditions no matter what. You'll pay to stand on a board in 3 knots. He'll charge you for an hour of lessons, but give you 40 minutes-
you'll be out less than an hour and get charged for 1 hr 15 minutes -- he'll nickel and dime you to death!!! Do not buy 10 hr pass with claim of free instruction - you'll get none. There are other places to windsurf in the Miami area. His equipment is in bad condition!

sailmiami, Owner at Sailboards Miami Water Sports, responded to this review, April 26, 2010
We have been teaching and renting windsurfing equipment for over 25 years. Thousands of customers keep us in business by bringing their friends and family to enjoy this great sport on equipment that is updated yearly.

As a U.S. Sailing Instructor Trainer, I take the time to ensure that everyone has a positive experience. However, as hard as we may try, there will always be an individual who is not content. Unfortunately goodwill sometimes is insufficient hence her review. I hope Yelpers will read the great reviews and come on down to enjoy a fabulous day on Biscayne Bay.
Budapest, Hungary
“Great Day, Great Sport, Great People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

The sign says, learn to windsurf guaranteed! and it was true. These guys are great; the equipment appears to be for all levels - though I'm just starting out - but as the conditions picked up over the weeks while I was there, I met plenty of "regulars" who raved (and rightly so) about Vid, Karen and the rest of the crew.

Vid is an ace instructor (Karen's not bad either); and I was up on a board in no time despite being a clumsy.

The site is real easy to find; and there's no problem parking, changing, etc. They do great deals for rentals too - and now that it's my regular jaunt, I make it a point to get a 10 hour ticket.

They also rent Kayaks and there's quite a bit to explore around their site. On the "off" wind days, my family and I instead did the paddling thing.