My first stay at a Ritz-caliber hotel. It was very nice - we stayed over July 4th weekend. The place was packed with families, mostly from Alabama/Georgia, upper middle to upper class. It took a little time to adjust to a hotel this nice, for example, I packed a beach bag (towel, sun glasses, water bottles, mat to lay on, etc). Ha, I didn't need any of that stuff, they had chairs, towels, ice water, all of that stuff at the beach for us.
-Restaurants: Salt was hands down the best food I've had - I did a blind menu and it was superb.
-Spa: amazing!! Huge, it has its own pool with waterfall, hot tub for adults only
-Beach/Boardwalk: very scenic. I still prefer the West Coast of Florida, but the East coast has more waves and a Northern/Cape Code-like feel.
-Planned activities - you never need to leave the hotel, they had star gazing, fire works, etc.
-People: Most of the people were nice.
-Pool: The main pool area was nuts - way too crowded.
-Not so romantic: It was definitely a family vacation spot, not exactly what my husband and I were looking for.
-Rooms: they were a little old/dated looking for a hotel this nice.
-Price: between room, cost of food, valet, and spa we were spent after two days. It was a memorable two days, though.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton - Amelia Island Hotel Amelia Island
- The Ritz-Carlton - Amelia Island Hotel
- Amelia Island Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Carlton Amelia Island
- Ritz Amelia Island
- Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island
- Amelia Island Ritz
- Amelia Island Ritz-Carlton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in southern charm at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island. With miles of pristine beaches to explore, you’ll find yourself basking in the glow of the sun as you swim, relax or walk along the sandy shore. As one of the most popular beach destinations on the East Coast, this luxury hotel in Florida provides a welcome barrier between you and the world beyond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Venere, Olotels, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton - Amelia Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.