“RELAXING WONDERFUL FAMILY VACATION” 4 of 5 stars

Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39 Beach Lagoon Road, Amelia Island, FL 32034   |
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Amelia Island
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“RELAXING WONDERFUL FAMILY VACATION”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

LOTS TO DO or can do nothing at all and relax at pool and beach. wonderful courteous staff. fast to respond to requests. Friendly family atmosphere. Staff eager to please with smiles!! Kids can take part in a camp or activites by the pool every hour. nighttime movies in the pool. bonfires on the beach. Fernandina Beach a short 15 min car ride away. Nice little town with good restaurants and shops.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Dallas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Great service and very clean. We went with friends but definitely going back with my family. There are tons of kids friendly activities and they provide mini water guns as well! Great place for hanging out with friends at the 18 and over pool area. Tons of umbrellas and coverage so technically do not need to rent cabana or umbrella on the beach (which we did).

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Rochester, New York
1,713 reviews 1,713 reviews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

We recently stayed for six nights at the Lagoon Villas inside OMNI Plantation at Amelia Island, and we were extremely satisfied with every aspect of our stay. The accommodations of our villa alone were outstanding, and had everything we could ever want in a "place to stay." Our two-bedroom villa had wonderful rooms both for us as well as our 12 year-old daughter, each with a private bathroom. The place also provided us with a full kitchen, living room, dining room, "Florida room," and a couple of outside patio decks. A washer/dryer was also part of our room package, which left us wanting for nothing more. All these rooms were tastefully decorated as well.

The resort is completely loaded with a collection of great (and varied) restaurants, shopping, and beachfront activities. Unfortunately, you have to rent anything you take onto the beach (chairs, sun umbrellas, surf riders, etc.), but it's all pretty nice. They also have camps for the kids (if so desired), along with community events such as bonfires on the beach. We enjoyed swimming in the pools right up until midnight...and beyond, if you care to. The pools are huge, so there is never a feeling of being cramped.

I also took advantage of their golf instruction while I was there, and enjoyed it immensely. (I'm still a terrible golfer, but at least I know what I'm doing wrong now!)

This place is a bit on the costly side, but well worth the price tag.

The only negative point about this hotel (our villa) is that the room service was very inconsistent. Sometimes they would show up by 2:00 PM, whereas sometimes they weren't there until 5:00 PM, and once they didn't show up at all until we called to complain. Room service should be done before 5:00 PM, as most people have already returned to their rooms to get dressed for dinner by that time.

Tip: If you do decide to go, bring along a flashlight, especially if you want to walk along the pathways at night, as they are not lit.

Room Tip: Know what you want before you select a room at this hotel, as the properties vary extensively from o...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
destin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Our room was next to tennis courts. It was dark and dreary. The pool next to our room was filthy and green,with garbage around the pool. No amenities, like ice, or towels. Asked for ice, told to come get it, where you have to drive. Deck attached to room was absolutely disgusting, chairs were rotten and deck covered in green mold. Fridge in room broken. When asked to be moved from second story ( my wife had knee surgery and had trouble with the stiars), was told they had nothing.

When we booked our room, we looked at the web site which had villas all along the beach and thought we were getting one of those. Wrong, we were in the swamp.

With respect to families, this is isolated, way off the beaten path, stores, bars, restaurants very expensive, fee for everything you do. Would not recommend. If you are not staying at the beach hotel, you have to drive and cart your stuff through the hotel, not allowed to park at villas along the beach. When you pull your car up to drop off your stuff, the valets come running out to move you along which was kind of stressful.

Attended a conference which had evening reception, serving food and drinks. No tables to sit or stand at, nowhere to put down your plates

Room Tip: Do not book a villa if you want to be on the beach
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We spent 5 nights in an apartment at the Omni Amelia Island Plant. Resort. The apartment was equipped ok but the feel and style was very 80ies. The beach wasn't far and you could see it, too. The beach is ok, has a lot of shells and small stones. But it goes on forever which is great. What's not so nice is the ocean. The water is somewhat murky and kind of greenish. If you're in it to your hips it's impossible to see your feet - not ideal.
What I really thought was sub-standard was the fact that a late check out wasn't possible whatsoever. Because of a late flight we wanted to stay until 2 or 3 pm but had to leave at 11 am. At 11:03 the doorbell rang and the cleaners moved in....no mercy, I guess. Good thing that we were ready to leave...and will not go back, either.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Phoenixville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a 5-day trip to Amelia Island. We had been there about 7 years ago. The physical improvements to the facility are beautiful, but what was most memorable was the friendliness of the staff. From the front desk to the housekeeping to the tram drivers, they were all exceptional.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Extremely disappointed with the booking policy here. We attended a conference, and chose to stay in one of the villas on the property since they were advertised on the website as having a kitchen and living area. I called a day in advance to be sure we had a room there (instead of the hotel) as they were reluctant to assign us an actual room before we arrived. I was assured I did, and I was in an ocean front room with king sized bed, as originally requested. The day we arrived my husband called and asked if we needed to come there first before visiting family in the area to ensure we had the room we requested, and he was told they would hold our room for us, no need to go out of our way. When we arrived around 9 pm, we no longer had the room we were promised, and were moved into the hotel! After much wrangling, they gave us the suite (credit to them) and said we could have the room we were promised the next day. Since my husband was at a conference, we wanted to be unpacked before he had to go to work. Of course our room was not ready or even assigned to us the next morning! We had to leave our bags and wait for them to find us a room, and left our number to call when it was ready. At 2:00 we never had received a call, so my husband went to work and I went to the front desk-again. They told me I had a room ready- but I found out it was NOT a room with a kitchen/living area! Ugh! She reassigned me to another room, and finally sent my bags up. It was 4:00 before I was able to get the room I was promised the day before!! At one point my husband asked if there was a difference between an "ocean front" vs. "ocean view" room and we were told there was not- which is entirely not true! I had to crane my neck to see the beach from my patio. While the property was beautiful and the beach gorgeous, my experience left me very disappointed with the hotel overall.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Been to Villas of Amelia Island Plantation? Share your experiences!