We stayed in one of the villas at Shipwatch. We had an ocean view 3 bedroom, 3 bath unit. It was very nicely decorated, had a private pool and close beach access. The views were unbelievable. It was only a 5-10 minute walk (although hilly) to the main hotel where there were two nice pools. Our unit was nicely decorated, and the six of us had plenty of space. A few improvement areas were:
* There was a huge patio, but only chairs for two people which didn't make sense for a unit of this size
* There was no wifi, only a wired internet connection. We expected this type of room to have wifi.
The resort is huge and has a lot of great spots to see. We rented a golf cart to drive around the resort and it was well worth it. Our only complaint about the resort was relative to the beach. The hotel charges for all of the chairs/umbrellas on the beach. Considering the amount we paid per night AND the $40/night additional resort fee we thought this was excessive.
Overall we had a great experience, but hope to see some improvements the next time we visit.
- Also Known As:
- Omni Amelia Island Plantation Hotel Amelia Island
- Omni Amelia Island Plantation Hotel
- Hotel Amelia Island
- Resort Amelia Island
- Amelia Island Plantation
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The $85 million Re-Imagination of the legendary Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort is now complete and you are cordially invited to experience it for yourself. Nestled at the tip of a barrier island just off the Northeast Florida coast, this AAA Four Diamond oceanfront resort features luxurious ocean view accommodations, family-friendly activities, grand on-site meeting spaces, and endless dining options. It’s the perfect backdrop for your family vacation, romantic getaway, corporate event, or destination wedding. Your experience begins as soon as you walk into our new lobby, which offers a sweeping panoramic view of the Atlantic Ocean. Whether you choose one of our deluxe oceanfront rooms, a contemporary premier guest room, or a completely indulgent luxury hotel suite, you’ll enjoy unparalleled ocean views and spacious accommodations. Relax on the largest multi-tiered pool deck in Northeast Florida, which features an adults-only infinity edge pool, a 10,000 square foot family-friendly Splash pool, a Splash Park water playground for the kids, two hot tubs, and oversized fire pits. Stroll down 3.5 miles of pristine beach or spend an afternoon kayaking and paddleboarding through Amelia Island’s preserved marshlands, one of many activities available during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelsClick, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.