“Lovely Resort” 4 of 5 stars

Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   39 Beach Lagoon, Amelia Island, FL 32034   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #6 of 14 hotels in Amelia Island
“Lovely Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Had very nice accommodations at 2BR villas for spring break. Only complaint is that I left not having take advantage of all that was there. If they had not been so overcrowded/understaffed at check in time- they may have been able to give me a better overview of options during my stay. That would have been a win/win but now uncertain if I see the value of a return visit.

• Stayed April 2013
Omni_Amelia_Island, Manager at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you weren't able to take advantage of all we have to offer but I hope you'll return in the future to enjoy everything else! I'll share your feedback with front desk on wishing you received more information at check-in. We provide our guests with the Resort Guide for a general overview of all there is to do but you can also find additional recreation information on our new online resort guide at www.weeklyresortguide.com. This is a brand new tool we're in the middle of launching to assist our guests just like you! Thanks again for your feedback and I hope you'll return to see us soon.

1,152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Lynchburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Visited the resort and area for the first time to attend a destination wedding and had a delightful time. Most of the staff were extremely professional and very helpful on the property, which is quite extensive. I know they have just re-opened after an extensive renovation, but I felt like they were somewhat under-staffed for the amount of people there this weekend, particularly in the Seaglass bar area. They were swamped. Also, the waitpersons in Oceanside were great but the service was slow. They seemed to be covering not only Oceanside but everyone out in all the pool areas. I think with a few more hires this could be improved. They just need time to work some kinks out. The property was beautiful and I really enjoyed my weekend there and would definitely go back. The food was excellent at Oceanside, Sunrise Cafe and at the wedding reception, which was onsite. Dinner at PLAE restaurant was excellent. My room was perfect and the housekeeping staff were very attentive. Front desk staff was exceptional, as was the shuttle driver to airport. The main star of this property though is the island itself with its vast marshes and incredible beach and the ocean.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review and for visiting us, I hope the wedding went well. We are actually in the hiring process for Oceanside and Seaglass to assist with the service levels based on our guest feedback. I'm glad to hear you found the property beautiful, enjoyed the food and would like to return. It's always wonderful to hear our housekeeping, transportation and front desk staff were attentive and I'll share your thoughts with our team. I do agree, the island itself is an incredible destination! It's amazing to have both the beach and the marsh so close together to provide such different and spectacular settings. Hope you'll return to see us soon!
Rowlands Castle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I don't think I was prepared for such a large resort hotel. We arrived after a long drive and despite directions from the receptionist it was a challenge finding our room (despite it being in the main hotel). After the initial confusion we got our site map out and found all the facilities. The site is so large there is a shuttle bus service to take you around the resort. We ate our breakfast in the sunrise cafe for all 5 mornings we were there; Excellent buffet with an egg bar for omelettes etc. We also ate in the Falcons nest (classic American food) which was OK. The best restaurant we ate at was PLaE - its on the omni site but run by separate management. Our main reason for the visit was to play golf - both the Oak Marsh and Ocean Links are great courses. Challenging but not ridiculous. We got a good deal through 'golf breaks' in the UK - when we added up the bed, breakfast and golf to have bought it direct with the hotel would have been very pricey - so if its the golf you're after its worth trying a golf agent for a deal. Finally we found all the staff friendly and helpful which made this big resort feel less impersonal.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view one
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. Yes, our resort is spread through out 1,350 acres but I'm glad you were able to find your away with our map or utilize the complimentary tram service. I'm glad to hear you had nice dining experience at the Sunrise Cafe and Plae and that you enjoyed golf on both of our courses. I'm always happy to know our staff was friendly and accommodating! We hop you'll come back to see us again soon.
Vernon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Underwhelming. Not inviting not warm. Disappointed for the money.

Our rooms were ok but not as good as we were expecting considering the price. We were expecting to be wowed. Service was good.

Signage and layout inside the hotel sucks.

• Stayed April 2013
I am sorry to hear you were underwhelmed by your experience with us. We pride ourselves on extending Southern hospitality to all of our guests, so I am especially disappointed to hear you did not receive a warm welcome. Thank you for the feedback on the signage. Now that we have been open almost two months, we understand the natural traffic patterns better and are adjusting the signage accordingly. I do hope you reconsider staying with us again. We really would love the opportunity to WOW you next time!
Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I would give all 5's but the only issue was the hotel was still being redone so there were some glitches that still need to be worked out. Overall though the rooms were very well appointed and comfortable. The service was outstanding. The new pool is fantastic. The entire front desk should be commended. They truly do everything to make your stay the best could be. I am sure once the remodels are done this will be an all 5 hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Omni_Amelia_Island, Manager at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your review and I'm happy to hear you had a great stay. Although we are finishing up a few more areas of our renovation, we are getting closer to being fully done and hopefully will meet all 5's on your next stay! I would be interested in hearing what glitches you experienced so we can we look into them. Please feel free to email me at alacroix@omnihotels.com with your feedback. I will share your feedback with our front desk and associates, they work very hard to serve our guests and it's wonderful to hear they wowed you with great service! We hope you'll come see us again soon so we get earn all 5's on your next review!
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Following an apparently fabulous refurbishment, this stunning hotel was one of the best I have ever stayed in. We stayed in the Courtside Villas, in the beautiful woodland area a short drive from the main hotel complex. The villa was outstanding, with a great kitchen, washing machine and tumble-dryer. The cleaners did an excellent job daily. Unfortunately the private pool at our villa was covered with leaves from the surrounding trees (I can imagine this is a seasonal problem only, and the staff were there daily to remove the leaves), but we overcame this by visiting the pool at the other Courtside Villas.

The central hotel complex, although a 15 minute walk away, had its own long private beach, and the pools and hot tubs were superb. I regularly spotted the pool area being discretely kept clean. I particularly appreciated being able to hire towels (for free) that you could also take to the beach. There were hundreds of deck chairs, never a problem to find one. The Oceanside restaurant was outstanding, in particular the coconut soup! Again, the staff were wonderful.

Nearby off site are two supermarkets (Walmart is best for value, about 10 miles away but worth the visit). The drive south from the resort to Jacksonville, St Augustine and Daytona has stunning views from Amelia Island. Overall, we were very impressed by all of the immaculate facilities, and if we're lucky enough to visit Florida again we'd certainly consider the Omni Resort. Car hire is essential, but from National is only £20-£30 a day.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, stay in the resort villas (you'll need a car but it's well worth it)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us in The Villas of Amelia Island Plantation and giving us such great feedback. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Courtside, the villas provide a great "home-like" accommodations, perfect for families or longer stays. Our oak trees are beautiful but clean up can be a tireless job! I'm glad to hear the pool cleaners were there daily to remove the leaves and will share the need to do so more than once a day. It's great to hear you enjoyed the Omni pool area as well. I love the coconut soup at Oceanside, such a surprise taste isn't it?! I hope you are lucky enough to visit Florida again soon and you'll come back to see us at the Omni Amelia Island Plantation or The Villas of Amelia Island Plantation!
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Our trip to Amelia Island Plantation was absolutely wonderful. Like several of the previous posters, I was a little apprehensive given the reviews about construction and service but we had a fantastic experience. We stayed in the Beach Walker Villas which were easily walkable to the pool and beach. We found the service to be wonderful. My 3 year old was especially taken with a guest services person named Elmo (obviously due to the name) We saw Mr. Elmo every day while we were there and noticed that he was practically the Ambassador of the place. Everyone was talking to him!! Our housekeeper was also thoughtful. When we arrived home every afternoon, we found that she had placed my children's stuffed animals in cute little poses in the pack-in-play. It's a little thing, but a memorable one for us. We ate almost every day at the restaurant right on the beach and our servers remembered us every day. With a 16 month old and 3 year old, the splash pool, in particular, was great because it was a stress free place for both of them to play. We also participated in the afternoon activities by the pool and went to the play ground. We are already talking about coming back next year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I can understand your apprehension based on earlier reviews but as you can tell, we have turned the corner and are delighted to hear you had a wonderful experience! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your interaction with Elmo, the housekeeper and our restaurant staff. We work to make each guest interaction a memorable one and it sounds as if they both succeeded! It's great to hear you're already considering returning next year, your children will love returning year after year! Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Been to Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!