One bedroom very nice with plenty of space for a couple,ocean view terrific. Staff very pleasent. You know when it is not just "quite right”! Well it's not "quite right". Food is mediocre at best and twice the price at a good restaurant in the town of Fernandino. Breakfast buffet ok but food dried out. One of the times we got a dirty cup. Went there late one morning and early another, same problem both times(no excuse) . The bar: you can order tomato juice from room service but can't get it at the bar? Food and beverage department got a long way to go. Member of Omni program asked for 2pm check out (they are at 90%) they said it is not possible. Also program states water and amenities night of arrival: never happened. So they don't honor loyal members! No-one at the beach to take care of beach chairs/towels etcetera so if they are out they are out. Not possible to get beach service (drinks/food) . So the big question: Would we come back and stay here or recommend to friends? Big resounding NO!
PS. the place is difficult to get in and out of; signs are terrible (in case you have your own vehicle)
- Also Known As:
- Omni Amelia Island Plantation Hotel Amelia Island
- Omni Amelia Island Plantation Hotel
- Hotel Amelia Island
- Resort Amelia Island
- Amelia Island Plantation
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are happy to announce a complete renovation project so spectacular, we call it the Re-Imagination of the Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort! This incredible $85 million re-imagination broke ground November 2011 and will continue until Spring 2013. During the re-imagination project, the hotel pool and beach club will be closed, but there's still a world of things to enjoy on this inspiring 1,350 acre resort! Stroll along 3.5 miles of uncrowded beach collecting shells, play in the sparking wave-filled ocean, or relax at the largest poolscape in Northeast Florida. Take a swing on any of our three Audubon International Certified Sanctuary golf courses that not only challenge players of all levels but also preserve the natural heritage of the game and the wildlife that thrives there. Tennis enthusiasts can enjoy our twenty three Har-Tru® tennis courts managed by Cliff Drysdale Tennis professionals, while families can register for a number of recreational activities including nature tours, Segway tours, Kid's Camp and Gamers teen lounge. Rejuvenate mind and body at the Spa and Salon with a signature treatment, visit our shopping village including Red Otter Outfitters and Chico's, or experience a culinary delight at one of our many convenient dining locations. When the re-imagination is complete in Spring 2013 the resort will offer 155 additional oceanfront rooms and suites new lobby with floor-to-ceiling ocean views and joint check-in for hotel and villa guests. The new poolscape will feature an infinity pool overlooking the splash-friendly family pool with two nearby hot tubs, children's pool and poolside bar and restaurant. Lastly, don't forget to check out Heron's Cove Adventure Golf! Please note, The Villas of Amelia Island Plantation are individually unique and different, coming with varying views, sizes and locations. Some feature fully equipped kitchens, dining areas, spacious living rooms, multiple baths and private bedrooms. Most complexes have at least one pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Amex, Travelocity, Olotels, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.