Updating a previous post: Since the situation in the hotel lobby, we have not returned to the hotel itself. It's unfortunate what occurred and it was obviously an isolated case. We continue to enjoy the pleasures of the OAIP property and support the staff and planned events during the year.
We love shopping at the stores around the lake, meeting friends for drinks at the Boardwalk Bash, and eating at Marche Burrette, the Falcon's Nest, and the Veranda. We're happy to see the arrival of the Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings and love the vast selections of fresh fruits, vegetables, flowers and plants. We also love the prepared meals at the Market, the kettle corn, and flavored honey.
OAIP is a wonderful family destination with continued improvements underway for the guests' and property owners' enjoyment. OAIP is a special destination for business meetings and family vacations, and it will always be a special place for those who call it home.
- Also Known As:
- Omni Amelia Island Plantation Hotel Amelia Island
- Omni Amelia Island Plantation Hotel
- Hotel Amelia Island
- Resort Amelia Island
- Amelia Island Plantation
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are happy to announce a complete renovation project so spectacular, we call it the Re-Imagination of the Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort! This incredible $85 million re-imagination broke ground November 2011 and will continue until Spring 2013. During the re-imagination project, the hotel pool and beach club will be closed, but there's still a world of things to enjoy on this inspiring 1,350 acre resort! Stroll along 3.5 miles of uncrowded beach collecting shells, play in the sparking wave-filled ocean, or relax at the largest poolscape in Northeast Florida. Take a swing on any of our three Audubon International Certified Sanctuary golf courses that not only challenge players of all levels but also preserve the natural heritage of the game and the wildlife that thrives there. Tennis enthusiasts can enjoy our twenty three Har-Tru® tennis courts managed by Cliff Drysdale Tennis professionals, while families can register for a number of recreational activities including nature tours, Segway tours, Kid's Camp and Gamers teen lounge. Rejuvenate mind and body at the Spa and Salon with a signature treatment, visit our shopping village including Red Otter Outfitters and Chico's, or experience a culinary delight at one of our many convenient dining locations. When the re-imagination is complete in Spring 2013 the resort will offer 155 additional oceanfront rooms and suites new lobby with floor-to-ceiling ocean views and joint check-in for hotel and villa guests. The new poolscape will feature an infinity pool overlooking the splash-friendly family pool with two nearby hot tubs, children's pool and poolside bar and restaurant. Lastly, don't forget to check out Heron's Cove Adventure Golf! Please note, The Villas of Amelia Island Plantation are individually unique and different, coming with varying views, sizes and locations. Some feature fully equipped kitchens, dining areas, spacious living rooms, multiple baths and private bedrooms. Most complexes have at least one pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Amex, Travelocity, Olotels, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Venere, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.