My husband and I have stayed here before and had enjoyable times. This time is no exception; even though some parts of the hotel (e.g., the pools) are not available due to the renovations going on. Apparently renovations will not be complete until March 2013, or so. Amazingly, we have not been bothered with any construction noise. The room we had (504) has a great view and is spacious; bathroom is also fairly large for a hotel. A mini-refrigerator is included.
The shuttles to other parts of the resort are timely. The location is really, really nice for beach time. The exercise facilities are very nice; I notice that various classes are available, but I only used the elliptical machines. There are also tennis courts and golf courses.
Sunday evening dinner choices are somewhat limited in the hotel, but adequate. Several other hotel restaurants are open the other days of the week. And, there are many available in the nearby town of Fernandina Beach.
- Also Known As:
- Omni Amelia Island Plantation Hotel
- Omni Amelia Island Plantation Hotel Amelia Island
- Hotel Amelia Island
- Resort Amelia Island
- Amelia Island Plantation
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled at the tip of a barrier island just off the Northeast Florida coast, this AAA Four Diamond oceanfront resort features luxurious ocean view accommodations, family-friendly activities, grand on-site meeting spaces, and endless dining options. It's the perfect backdrop for your family vacation, romantic getaway, corporate event, or destination wedding. Whether you choose one of our deluxe oceanfront rooms, a contemporary premier guest room, or a completely indulgent luxury hotel suite, you will enjoy unparalleled ocean views and spacious accommodations. Relax on the largest multi-tiered pool deck in Northeast Florida, which features an adults-only infinity edge pool, a 10,000 square foot family-friendly Splash pool, a Splash Park water playground for the kids, two hot tubs, and oversized fire pits. Stroll down 3.5 miles of pristine beach or spend an afternoon kayaking and paddleboarding through Amelia Island's preserved marshlands, just a few of the many activities available during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Amex, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.