“Just right - as always!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall)

You added Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall) to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11750 Mills Drive, Kendall, FL 33183   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Kendall
Washington, D.C. Metro area
“Just right - as always!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

I have stayed at this Country Inn & Suites a few times, and, as always, it was a very comfortable stay. It's in the Kendall area of Miami, so this is not a resort area. It's a suburban area, near shopping centers and malls... and convenient to visit family in the area. Rooms are comfortable, service is consistent. Breakfast is acceptable, but usually crowded. Excellent rates through their website and getting a non-cancellation package. If you are looking for excellent price and this area works for you. this hotel is comfortable and definitely worth staying and coming back to.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

We stayed at Country Inn and Suites while visiting family nearby. The lobby was welcoming and comfortable. A bookshelf had been set up with books that guests could read while staying in the hotel. The check-in process was quick and easy. Cookies were available on the counter. The room was very comfortable with a nice view of the lake and fountain of the adjoining shopping center. Although the room was tucked around by the elevator we heard no noise from it during our stay.

Breakfast was good. It had the usual cereals, pastries, bagels, fruits but also had make-it-yourself waffles which were tasty. The seating area was a little cramped but clean.

Rooms had WiFi, a small refrigerator, microwave and safe. There was a computer in the lobby for guest to use.

When we are back in the area visiting family we will certainly choose to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

The hotel is not terrible, but you can get the same and better for less money (paid $100 for a room)

- Limited breakfast (even for what these "breakfasts" usually are).
- Somewhat worn out bed - getting a bit too soft in the middle.
- Room was marginally clean (with dirt in places just out of easy reach, like corners)
- Housekeeping came at 9:20, knocked at the door and began opening it before I had a chance to reply. Good thing there was a latch on. They left and came knocking right back at 9:35! Not cool.
- Rooms facing the parking lot are very noisy and street light shines into your window all night. You may have more luck if your room faces the backyard, I guess.

Bottom line - spend a few minutes and you'll find a better hotel.

Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Havre de Grace, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

We stayed in Miami for 2 days before jumping on a cruise. We wanted a hotel close to Miami but accessable to the keys. This hotel worked out perfect! Restaurants and shops in the area where convenient and what we needed. The continental breakfast was nice and we had the pool all to ourselves.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

This was my second stay at this hotel this year. My first trip was with my husband and we enjoyed the pool, on site gym, continental breakfast and the use of the 24 Hour Fitness Center located in the shopping plaza, courtesy of the hotel. My second trip was an emergency trip and the hotel staff were very sensitive to my situation and accommodated an extended stay.

The staff is very friendly, imformative and helpful. It is conveniently located off the highway in at the end of a very nice mall and the area offers plenty of choices of restaurants and stores.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Central Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

Live in Miami and stayed at this hotel while our house was being tented. Had to add another night after we checked in, was not a problem since it was during the week. Desk staff is very friendly and always greeted us by name when we came through the door. The room was okay and included a small refrigerator and microwave. There was only a desk chair in the room. Would have liked a comfortable chair for reading. A/C was a bit noisy. Breakfast was okay but not as nice as some places I have stayed. This hotel is located in a shopping center with a Kohl's and Nordstrom Rack. There are also several places within walking distance to eat including an Outback. A Blue Martini nightclub opened recently. Within a few miles either way on Kendall Drive there are probably 20 restaurants. There was one computer in the lobby for guests but was always occupied, they do have wireless internet in the rooms. This hotel is about 15 miles southwest of downtown Miami and about and hour west of Miami Beach.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

My husband and I took our grandchildren to Miami for 8 days. We stayed at this hotel because it had good reviews on TA, and because it could accomodate us all --2 adults, 4 children ages 11, 9, 6 and 3.
We have been on many trips with these children, to various locations in the US, and never encountered this problem before. After the first night, my oldest grandaughter announced she had been bitten by something. We had been to the pool, and out and about in hot, hot hot Miami, so I dismissed it. She kept getting more bites...no one else did,
After we had been there 4 nights, her brothers discovered an insect on the fold-out sofa bed (she and her little sister had slept on this bed the night before--only one night. My husband killed the insect andsaved the evidence. I went downstairs and did some research on the hotel computer. WALA! We had bedbugs! I told the manager(who did not at first admit to being the manager) very quietly, because at the time I was not sure how I was going to handle the situation. We agreed to move to another floor in the hotel because I was not sure we could find accomodations for the rest of our stay, AND, I guess I was hoping for the best. We also were given 3 days off our bill. We did not see any more evidence of the little critters. However, I could not enjoy the rest of the stay because I kept wondering if I had made the right decision for my family.
When we arrived home, the childrens' mother noticed several bites on the 2 little boys, which did not come until the evening of the day we returned home. Their doctor informed us that sometimes you will not see bites until as much as 24 hours after being bit.
The real reason I decided to blow the whistle on this hotel is, I'm afraid there might have been bugs in the SECOND room, also!!!
On another note: The breakfast was not spectacular AND the living room configuration in both rooms made it impossibe to get around the room when the bed was out---a fire hazard, I'm sure. In the second room, we moved the furniture around so we could get around the room when the bed was out.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall)? Share your experiences!