You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Miami (Kendall) to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Miami (Kendall)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11750 Mills Drive, Kendall, FL 33183   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Kendall
A TripAdvisor Member
“Never Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2006

This hotel is not worth the money. First, the wesite we used to search for hotels had pictures that are not of this hotel. When I inquired about this, I was told that the pictures are submitted by the hotel. Apparently they put up pictures of a new and clean hotel to mislead the buying public. Our decision to use this hotel was that the pictures and description indicated good price performance. That is not the case! The hotel was not really clean although it smelled of disinfectant. Our television did not work and we had to make them switch it out. This would be a good $50 hotel in that you get what you pay for. As for this hotel, you do not get what you pay for.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
LouisZapata, Management at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Miami (Kendall), responded to this review, April 23, 2009
That was long time ago when the Hotel was Wesley Inn, We are a Country Inns & Suites now also the Mall is being remodel.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2006

Please be aware that the mall where the Wellesley resides is largely abandoned and falling apart. The mall, I was told, has been in this state for a few years and continues to deteriorate. I'm very surprised that the city hasn't closed them down entirely since the mall's exterior grounds are now very unsafe (lots of roof tiles and pieces of roofing scattered on the sidewalk, etc from the past two hurricanes). The only comment on the hotel is exactly this: don't stay there. The room I stayed in was dirty and both the phone and television had problems. It's a shame that the mall is not being repaired since it's design is unique, being centered around a small lake. My suggestion, stay at the hotel across the road, Amerisuites. Nice place.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Miami, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2006

I stayed in this hotel and it was pleasant. Sorry the previous member had problems with the bathroom etc. but if you call the front desk and explain, I am sure they would have put you in another room. It is a good hotel for the price. In Miami the hotels are VERY EXPENSIVE and this one is pretty good.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank equipesom
Salem
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2006

We only stayed one night and would not stay there again. We did not arrive until around 10:00 pm and found that the television did not work, but didn't report it because we were tired. The next morning, the toilet overflowed. When we tried calling the front desk, we realized that the room phone did not work. I used my cell phone to call the front desk to report the toilet overflowing, that the television did not work and that the room phone did not work. I asked them to call me back and give us a key to another room so that we could shower. A few minutes later the room phone rings but I could not answer it because, as I had just told them, it didn't work. Again I used my cell phone to call the front desk. After much agony, we were given a key to the room next to us to shower. That room had not been cleaned but the housekeeper did clean the bathroom so that we could shower and leave. I was given a room discount upon by checking out but I believe that this room should not have been made available at all.

• Stayed January 2006
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank ToLAsoon
Raleigh, nc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2005

Not very nice, not very clean, overwhelming smell of disinfectant. Go to Hampton Inn Dadeland or the Marriott if you need to stay in Kendall.

Stayed May 2005
3 Thank Realguy
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2004

First I asked for a non smoking room. The entire floor smelled like an ashtray, not to mention my room. When I called the front desk, the clerk told me that since I booked trough Expedia I am not guaranteed what I asked for and there is nothing she could do. I even told her that she did not have to make me feel like booking through Expedia is a negative thing. She said they were sold out. In any event, there were three pillows for two of us all flat of course, but at least one of us had two pillows, the in room fridge made so much noise we had to unplug it. The ashtray still had ashes in it. The front desk clerk, did not confirm any details with me upon check in nor did she upon check out (I believe it was the same clerk), initially gave me the wrong key, did not give me any information on the property or surrounding areas and gave me attitude instead of trying to help me with my problem. I suggest Expedia not use this hotel as one of your products or at least train them to not make negative remarks about Expedia. I feel that if I would have booked directly through them and spent the extra $14 I would have been given the room I asked for and had a restful night's sleep.

• Stayed November 2004
16 Thank Mymzee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendall
BEST WESTERN PLUS Kendall Hotel & Suites
Miami Dadeland Hotel
#7 of 7 in Kendall
3.5 of 5 stars 61 reviews
Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Miami (Kendall)? Share your experiences!