“Convenient location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Miami (Kendall)

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Miami (Kendall) to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Miami (Kendall)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11750 Mills Drive, Kendall, FL 33183   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Kendall
Morganton, North Carolina, United States
“Convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

This hotel was very close to my doctor in the Kendall area. It is also close to great restaurants, a grocery store, and other shopping. The room was clean, and the breakfast was nice. We enjoyed our stay here!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Louis2011, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Miami (Kendall), responded to this review, September 15, 2014
Country Inn & Suites Miami/Kendall has the best location and we are glad you took the time to let us know about it. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I made a mistake when booking my room, and the hotel manager tried several different options to help me out. The staff was great. I appreciate how they went above and beyond what was necessary to fix a problem that was my fault.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Louis2011, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Miami (Kendall), responded to this review, August 28, 2014
So glad you noticed we are a three star Hotel with a five star attitude. Our staff strives to make our hotel shine giving you that Home away from home feeling.

Montego Bay, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Small hotel with family like atmosphere and good price. Close to shopping and very friendly staff. Manager Mr. Zapatta along with other staff members, Luis, Carmen and Juan made my stay very comfortable. Will stay at Country Inn and Suites again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Thank you for staying with us and looking forward to see you whenever you are in Miami area.
Stuart, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I used to stay in this hotel 18 years ago a lot. Now it is a different ownership. The hotel is older, the suites have an awkward floorplan. The TV's are very small flat screens. The mall next door is busy now. 18 years ago it was almost dead. Up and Downside is that Blue Martini is right next to the hotel. Upside you can go partying, downside is you hear the music at night. Not crazy loud but you can hear it. I am guessing a room facing north would be better. Breakfast is inlcuded but limited

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and letting us know how we are doing, We will work on improving our image with the upgrades planned in the next six months..
The Country Inn & Suites Miami/Kendall has the best location and we will soon be the best of the best.
Kendall, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I spoke with Carmen L. Powers of Country Inn & Suites in Kendall, Fla. and asked if she could find me a place in the Knoxville TN area. After giving her the particulars she called me back right away and helped me book for 7 days at a Country Inn & Suites in the Knoxville area. The room was great and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I got a great rate, I couldn't have had better service.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Louis2011, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Miami (Kendall), responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thank you for those kind words. The Country Inn & Suites in Miami is always striving for excellence so why not connect you with the best in Tennessee. Kind of keep it in the Carlson family.

Carmen Layne-Powers
Director of Sales
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Let me preface my review by saying that I'm the type of person that only posts reviews when I have a terrible experience, whether it be at a hotel or restaurant. I really don't give a lot of "good reviews." However, my stay here was so satisfying that I have decided to take the time to share my experience.

I'm a physician who just moved to Florida. My lease fell through so I had to find a hotel to stay for at least two weeks while I looked for a place to live. I generally stay in 4-5 star hotels only, but because of my likely "prolonged" stay, I had to be a bit more economical. After doing a lot of research on area hotels, I decided to settle with Country Inn & Suites, and boy was I happy I did.

Location - the hotel is located in the Kendall area. If you guys know South Florida/Miami at all, picking location is key especially when it comes to avoiding traffic. This Hotel is conveniently located between two major highways, 821 and 874. It was a BREEZE for me to get to locations throughout Miami everyday. As a bonus, it is literally located in the middle of an outdoor mall. Walking distance to grocery, all sorts of food ranging from American to Cuban, and also Bars. There's a little bit of everything. If you've dealt with Miami before you'll know that once you get home you don't want to leave because of the heavy traffic. Being able to go out to dinner and having access to departmental stores STEPS from your hotel room was pretty amazing.

Quality - hotel was clean, literally spotless. I'm very, very OCD when it comes to cleanliness. Rooms were flawless, sheets smelled great, pillows were super comfortable.

Staff - probably one of the best staffs I've ever dealt with. Courteous at all times. By my 3rd night there, they greeted me by my name. Any requests I had was always quickly handled in a polite way. They were also prompt with their service. I remember one occasion where I was waiting behind a family that was taking awhile to check in. The staff noticed this and quickly called someone from the back to come assist me. This type of customer service is extremely rare. They have really nailed it on customer service and satisfaction here.

Free stuff - in the lobby were tons of brochures for the area, free coffee 24 hours of all types, pool, gym, work computer, and printer.

To sum it up, my stay at the Country Inn & Suites in Miami/Kendall was excellent. You can search all you want for a "budget" or "economical" hotel, but you won't find a hotel that will give you a better "bang for the buck" in the area.

I think a lot of times people search out hotels and pick the ones with the lowest price and thinking they're getting the "best deal." That's generally not true if you have a horrible stay/vacation because you wanted to save "$5" a night.

Bottom line: If you are undecided about which area hotel to stay in and the difference per night is only $5-$15, it's a no brainer pick. Country Inn & Suites is a hidden gem, 5 star hotel for a 3 star hotel price. I highly recommend staying at the Country Inn & Suites in Miami/Kendall.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Louis2011, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Miami (Kendall), responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you Michael for your great review. We always appreciated all reviews but when you recognize the outstanding performance of our staff it is special to all.

We do agree that the Country Inn & Sutes Miami (Kendall) is the best location in Kendall and fast becoming a well known secret.

Management & Staff
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This hotel met my expectations. Spacious, clean room, good amenities, friendly staff. The breakfast selections could improve, but overall, a good value. This property has an excellent location, in Kendall, next to The Palms at Town & Country, a beautiful shopping complex. Close to dining and shopping.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Louis2011, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Miami (Kendall), responded to this review, August 1, 2014
We have the best location in Kendall and easy to get around Miami,
Thank you for staying with us and for your comments.
See you next time you are in this area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendall
BEST WESTERN PLUS Kendall Airport Hotel & Suites
Miami Dadeland Hotel
Miami Dadeland Hotel
#7 of 7 in Kendall
3.5 of 5 stars 12 reviews

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Miami (Kendall)? Share your experiences!