“Clean hotel with a good breakfast!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Miami (Kendall)

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Miami (Kendall) to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Miami (Kendall)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11750 Mills Drive, Kendall, FL 33183   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Kendall
Miami, Florida
“Clean hotel with a good breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I used to live in the area and came for a visit. I chose this hotel mainly for the location, breakfast, free wifi and price compared to others in the Kendall area. I was also traveling with two kids. The hotel was clean, the breakfast was great with a variety of choices. The staff was friendly. We ha a room with two queen beds. I was not that spacious with the three of us but I can't complain. The microwave and refrigerator in the room was a plus. I must say the beds were very comfortable the lake view was nice as well. This hotel is near all major highways. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping within walking distance. There was an outdoor pool, a small exercise room, and a laundry room none of which I used. You can also get to beaches within a 30-45 min drive depending on traffic. Should I visit Kendall again I would choose this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Louis2011, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Miami (Kendall), responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites Miami/Kendall.
We have the best location in Kendall.
Great free breakfast, wifi, parking and the lake view.
Looking forward to see you again whenever you are in this area.
Best Regards,
Louis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I stayed here for a month. I must say I enjoyed it very much. The staff was so friendly and courteous, very easy to talk to about accommodations. Alejandro and Juan at the desk helped me very much with navigating my way around, and making sure I had everything I needed.
The room was very cozy and clean. The only problem I had was a broken microwave, which was replaced very promptly.
The location is next to a beautiful plaza (that I had a view of from my room), and down the streets are more wonderful shopping centers. Plenty of great restaurants and quick places to eat. The area seemed very quiet and convenient.
I loved the location and all the wonderful places to visit here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Louis2011, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Miami (Kendall), responded to this review, July 15, 2014
We have the best location in Kendall, Excellent restaurants and more.
Thank you for staying with us and for the great comments you shared with other travelers this way. Looking forward to see you whenever you are in this area.
Campinas, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

i stayed there twice, its a nice hotel excellent service with very helpful associates, they have a nice but simple breakfast included , they do not serve any other food than breakfast, but the mall is just 2 min walking distance,

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Our buffet breakfast has a daily menu and the best thing, it is complementary.
Thank you for staying with us. Looking forward to see you whenever you are in this area.
Best Regards,
Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed in a suite for just one night while en route to Everglades. Room was clean and comfortable.

Breakfast was fine. Usual choice of bagels, waffles, cereal, fruit and a few hot choices.

We had confirmation of a lake view but were looking over the car park. Too tired after a long flight to complain though.

Pool is tiny and not worth a visit

Stayed April 2014
Thank you for staying with us and my apologies for the things that were not right.
The pool is just a regular size pool for the lake location.
Regards,
Sheboygan, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We stayed at this location for 2 nights before a cruise. The location of the hotel was very good, easy to get to, close to shopping and many restaurants. The exterior and interior were typical of others in the chain and looked clean and well maintained. The staff was very professional and polite at all levels from housekeeping to front desk.

Our room was on the second floor facing the front and had no issues with noise. The room was small compared to others in the chain but was nicely furnished well maintained and CLEAN. Thanks housekeeping staff.

If you were going to have an extended stay at this location I would opt for a suite but for a night or two the regular room was fine.

If I am travelling in the Miami area again I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments specially the ones regarding our Housekeeping staff.
They are really great and that is part of our success.
Again thank you for staying with us.
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Great place to stay with shopping within walking distance by as well as restaurants. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was very clean. It's in a very nice area of Miami. Pretty city views are to be had from one side of the hotel. Nightlife is great and also within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Louis2011, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Miami (Kendall), responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for staying at The Country Inn & Suites Miami/Kendall.
Our location is Excellent and our Staff makes you feel at home.
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I arrived late after a business trip and was hoping for a quiet room. I was put in a room on the first floor directly beside the breakfast area. The gentleman checking me in said there was nothing else available unless I paid for the price difference to move to a room with two queen beds. I thought it very petty given it was after 9 pm and unlikely there would be any walk-ins.
Room was very small and dated. The way the bathroom was situated, I felt like I was practically in the hallway.
Seemed to be quite a few amenities within walking distance which would have been nice had I had more time.
Breakfast was as expected; basic. Unsure about staying at Carlson hotels again.

Room Tip: Anything but the 1st floor.