“Rooms Okay/Breakfast not” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall)

You added Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall) to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11750 Mills Drive, Kendall, FL 33183   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Kendall
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Rooms Okay/Breakfast not”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

We have stayed at MANY of these Country suites all around the US. This was fine but the breakfast area is small and when we arrived( 8:00 am)they were out of so much we left and went to Dennys.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Louis2011, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall), responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We apologize for the breakfast issue. We do offer an Excellent Buffet Breakfast served on real china as part of the Hotel Standard. Honestly we don't know what happened that day but we promise you It won't happened againg.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Eastham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Our previous stay at a Country Inn was in Oregon, so we checked out the Inn at Kendall near Miami. Other TripAdvisors had given it positive reviews which we found to be accurate. This place was the quietest! Partly due to the fact that the bedroom in the suite was some distance away from the hallway. The staff was very courteous, the breakfast was varied, the room very clean. There are restaurants and a shopping center nearby. All in all a very good place to stay.

Room Tip: The suite faced a man-made lake which helped with the quiet. Road sounds were off in the distance.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
We do thank you for staying with us, and we are hoping next time you come to this area to see you again. Remeber this is a THREE STAR HOTEL WITH A FIVE STAR ATTITUDE.
Regards, Louis
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

This is alttle late but just finally found the site Last Oct was our second time of staying at the Inn We love staying there The whole stay and we stay for 7 days is always a joy The front desk to the cleaning have always been the best And what ABOUT the breakfast well can't beat it The location is a plus if you dont want to drive plenty to see and do meaning food to entertainment Thanks you County Inn you will see us again on our next trip to Miami

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Louis2011, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall), responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Wow, I don't know how I missed your nice comment, lol
Anyway we thank you for staying with us and looking forward to see you in the near future.
ELY CAMBRIDGE UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

We stayed here on the last night of a three week trip to discover the "real" Florida. We liked the cleanliness, size of rooms and the convenient location (easy access of the Florida Turnpike, adjacent to shops and restaurant and ten minutes to international airport). This is an above average typical USA hotel....very little character. The management were friendly and helpful. One thing we didn't like was the very abrupt breakfast finish and the attitude of the breakfast staff ..exactly at 0930hrs every breakfast "machine" was switched off and items cleared away with no warning...any requests for food were instantly dismissed....arriving at 0920hrs to a packed breakfast room meant very little breakfast available for us! One resident, who had been there for two weeks, told us that this happened every day...when we left we commented about this to the manager so hopefully this will improve.

Room Tip: Rooms on side of hotel away from main road are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Louis2011, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall), responded to this review, March 15, 2012
We thank you for staying with us and we apologize for the inconvenience regarding breakfast schedule.
Regards,

Erie, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

I booked this because of location and shopping, etc. close by.Well, never again.We arrived in the evening in our 1st of 8 days.We were given a handicapped acc. room.Because of this the bathroom was HUGE! and the rest of the room felt crampted and small. The next morning I asked if we could have another room because of the length of our stay we really needed a room with an easy chair.I was told the only way I could get a room with a chair was to book a suite.If we weren't meeting family members there later in the week, we would have left. When they did arrive with the same reservations, we found that all the rooms had a chair.Shame on you @ the front desk for lying!You got caught.Not only that,when you walk down the hall and housekeeping is cleaning you can see in the rooms and they had easy chairs! Guess you think one to be supid. SECOND, our toilet was clogged first use.The young lady who came up said she would have maintence look at it. Apparently not, had to call them 3 times! The first full day we began having problems getting he door to open once the card was put in the lock and the light turned green. At first thought it was me. But, everyone entering our room had the same problem. Told the front desk one evening when we were coming back in from our day of activities. He said ok-someone would look at it. Nothing done and nothing said about it. Then one day when I was struggling to get in one of the cleaning ladies helped me. The door knob was backwards and pushed up, instead of down like everywhere else I've stayed. All that would have been necessary was for someone to have told us this-there would have been no problem. As far as I'm concerned they do not care to make a guest's stay pleasant. Except for the young man that was on duty the night we checked in, the front desk peronel were less than pleasant. THIRD-The cleaning staff was impecable. The rooms were clean. Even smelled clean after they were in. I was very impressed to have a clean bedspread put on the bed after about 3 days. They were the only ones that deserve an "atta boy". Breakfast staff was ok. Not overly pleasant either. Other visits to this area we have stayed at Holiday Inn & Suies/Kendall Airport. I will go back there. They are pleasant, helpful. No problems with them. Great place. Though at the time we felt like it was away from things, it really isn't. Never again will I try a different motel in this area. HI has my vote! DON'T STAY HERE!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and we are really sorry you feel that way.

Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

My husband and I made a weekend trip from Key West to Miami. I want to thank the entire staff especially Carmen and Luis for a wonderful room and quite stay, We enjoyed the hospitality and the young man who check us in was superior.(sorry I did not get his name). Our room was spotless and fresh. Great location to all the shopping areas and place to eat. We will be back again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
I was our pleasure to have you as a guest and we hope to see you in the near future.
Regards.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

I stayed just this past weekend and had a great stay. I had been in contact with Carmen from sales, and she assured me that everything was set for my arrival. I had mentioned that I was visiting for my birthday weekend. Well after a long drive I was pleased to find when I entered my room to see a balloon and cupcake. Carmen went above and beyond to make me feel truely welcome to this property. The next morning I woke up early to enjoy breakfast, which I found really good and a perfect way to start the day. I truely enjoyed my stay, the breakfast was great, the rooms clean and spacious, the staff was friendly, and the property was in the perfect location for my travel needs. Thanks again to Carmen for making this a great birthday weekend.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments and Carmen is glad you like the Hotel.

Regards,

Louis Zapata

Been to Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall)? Share your experiences!