“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kendall
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Great hotel, very comfy rom with seating and kitchen area. Restaurants nearby, some nice ones overlooking lake in nearby shopping mall. Breakfast was great, lots of choice and fresh pancakes. Could have done with microwave at breakfast to cook instant porridge a bit better. Good fitness room and pool. Very helpful staff. Loved the vanilla flavoured milk with coffee.

Room Tip: Go for a high room to enjoy the views.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Lorna F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at my hotel.

With regards to the porridge, Intercontinental Hotels Group will be launching new and improved options very soon. I hope you enjoy them.

Kenny Oliver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Everything about this hotel was great. The rooms were clean, internet worked fine, temperatures very adjustable, and location close to where the hospital in which I was conducting business. There were eateries close by and traffic not too bad. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
JimTigerPT,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at my property. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope that you would consider us again the next time you are in the area.

Burt Lake, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We needed an extra stay to bridge between our one-week stays in each of two parts of our FL vacation because we had an extra day between being in Orlando and beginning our final leg in Key Largo. We consulted Trip-Advisor and liked what we saw for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Kendall, Miami. We were not disappointed. It was fairly new, very clean and had decent handicap-access and facilities which is important to me. They didn't have a handicap-fitted room available, but the clerk managed to find one that might as well have been. They upgraded me to a King room for the same price, which was appreciated. The bathroom was beautiful - not your standard H/I-fare. It was almost two whole bathrooms in one - there was a large sink/mirror counter in one part, which also contained a very attractive glass-on-three-sides-and-tile shower enclosure, which opened into another area that contained a raised jacuzzi-tub, that faced into another alcove containing the toilet and a second sink/mirror prep-for-the-day area. Very nice, and very helpful when two are trying to get ready at the same time in the morning. The complementary breakfast was standard H/I fare, but well-prepared, kept fresh and the area was very clean. The property was very easy to find from our route and the price was ok, if a little high. It was a good stay and really met our needs. We will go back.

Room Tip: Always make clear when you are making a reservation any concerns that you have such as: early flight...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dave B,

Thank you for writing about your stay. I am delighted that you found us living up to our reputation and for giving my property such high praise.

I am glad that you enjoyed the room we offered you and that it met your needs comfortably. We make every effort possible to accommodate our guest’s requests when available.

We look forward to your return.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed in this hotel before our Disney cruise. It's wonderful. My kids loved the pool. When we were there, it was about 70-75 degrees, cloudy and a bit windy, but the water in the pool was so warm that you can stay forever without feeling cold. The only problem was that the spa/hot pool wasn't working on day 2. But it didn't matter. The big pool had the perfect temperature.
The hotel staff were friendly. We also enjoyed the breakfast, as it offered many healthy choices. Will definitely recommend this place to others.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive review of my property. I am happy to know that you and your children enjoyed our pool. Please accept my apologies for the spa not being at the right temperature.

I hope that you enjoyed your cruise. Come see us again the next you and your family travel to this area. We would be delighted to have you.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

This hotel is not in the heart of the hustle and bustle of Miami, but it's not far from it. The rooms are clean and very spacious. They have a wonderful gym with state of the art equipment. With a nice pool side patio which is the perfect spot to start the day with breakfast. It's about a 30 minute drive to the Keys and 45 minutes to downtown Miami, 30 minutes to the airport, with very easy access to the turnpike.

The staff could not have been more helpful,it's no wonder that are an award winning hotel! Fernando is quick to recommend a place to eat, Jonathan was bright and cheery in the morning and gives the best directions. Liz was extra helpful in securing my room an extra night when I couldn't get out of town because of the weather. Both Fernando and Jonathan always seemed happy to see me and greeted me with a smile and a hello no matter what time of day it was or how long they had been on duty. Even at 5:30am or at the end of a10 hour shift. You would have thought I was a regular, the way I was treated they made me feel right at home, and if I needed anything I could ask and not feel like I was being a bother. Even the chief engineer was helpful and friendly.

Hats off to Ken Oliveria for hiring and staffing his hotel with exceptional people. I was here because of a family emergency and needed a place close by, my family lived in the Redlands Agricultural Area and there are not many hotels in that area. I was so glad I found this one, they made an unpleasant trip pleasurable. Given the opportunity I will be definitely return and will recommend the hotel to everyone

There are plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby, gas station is right next door. The worst thing about the location is getting across the street in the morning. Take my advice and turn right at the stop sign and pass through the gas station to get to the light.
There is a small restaurant called The Keg South right behind the gas station, stop in and enjoy the Grouper sandwich!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Lucienneh,

Thank you so very much for your high praise and recommendation. I am extremely pleased that my staff made you feel special and that you received a consist experience throughout your stay.

Fernando has been recently promoted to Guest Experience Champion, as you have seen, it is well deserved. Jonathan just recently started with us a little over a month ago and he is well on his way to becoming one of our best agents. I am extremely pleased with him. As for Liz, she has been mentioned more than most on reviews and for good reason. She has been a wonderful addition to our family.

We take great pride in making all of our guests feel welcomed and special. I sincerely hope you return to us and allow the rest of my team to wow you...

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

If you have a reason to be in this area, this hotel is a reasonable choice. It's clean and convenient to the highways. Shopping and restaurants are just a short hop away. We stay here whenever we're in the area - about once a year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
jrzee,

Thank you for choosing my property for your travel needs yet again. I realize you have many options to choose from when traveling and I am pleased to know that you prefer to stay with us.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is my second time staying at this hotel in the past year. I thought it was excellent the first time and my second visit only cements by opinion.

Pros: Service is top notch. All the front desk staff are friendly and extremely helpfull. This particular stay the hotel was very busy but despite the rush of people, they always seemed poised and offered a smile. Liz really stood out, i think she is new or at least i didnt see her my last visit.

Housekeeping was great, anything i needed was addressed within a reasonable period given how busy things were.

Cons: Jacuzzi was cold 2 out of the 3 days i was there. The laundry facilities were always busy (not the hotels fault) but it did become a bit of an issue for me

One last note, i noticed one night the general manager came in after midnight to personaly try to repair a door lock for a guest. He must of been there for a few hours until he got it working again. Who does that? Really shows how much he cares, and it rubs off on the rest of the staff as they are all always smiling and friendly. A+ in my book.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Fish_n_ChipsNewYork,

Thank you for visiting my hotel again and for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay.

You are correct in that Liz is new. She started with us in July and has been a very welcomed and valued member of our family. We are lucky to have her.

I would like to apologize for the Jacuzzi temperature. We experienced a minor issue with the heater but it has since been resolved. Please make sure to take a dip during your next visit.

Lastly, I thank you for your patience during our busiest time of year and I truly value your continued patronage.

I look forward to your return. Hopefully we are given the opportunity to meet in person.

Kenny Oliver

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall? Share your experiences!