“Clean. Priced fairly. Convenient by car.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Kendall
New York City, New York
“Clean. Priced fairly. Convenient by car.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

If you have a reason to be in this area, this hotel is a reasonable choice. It's clean and convenient to the highways. Shopping and restaurants are just a short hop away. We stay here whenever we're in the area - about once a year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
jrzee,

Thank you for choosing my property for your travel needs yet again. I realize you have many options to choose from when traveling and I am pleased to know that you prefer to stay with us.

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is my second time staying at this hotel in the past year. I thought it was excellent the first time and my second visit only cements by opinion.

Pros: Service is top notch. All the front desk staff are friendly and extremely helpfull. This particular stay the hotel was very busy but despite the rush of people, they always seemed poised and offered a smile. Liz really stood out, i think she is new or at least i didnt see her my last visit.

Housekeeping was great, anything i needed was addressed within a reasonable period given how busy things were.

Cons: Jacuzzi was cold 2 out of the 3 days i was there. The laundry facilities were always busy (not the hotels fault) but it did become a bit of an issue for me

One last note, i noticed one night the general manager came in after midnight to personaly try to repair a door lock for a guest. He must of been there for a few hours until he got it working again. Who does that? Really shows how much he cares, and it rubs off on the rest of the staff as they are all always smiling and friendly. A+ in my book.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Fish_n_ChipsNewYork,

Thank you for visiting my hotel again and for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay.

You are correct in that Liz is new. She started with us in July and has been a very welcomed and valued member of our family. We are lucky to have her.

I would like to apologize for the Jacuzzi temperature. We experienced a minor issue with the heater but it has since been resolved. Please make sure to take a dip during your next visit.

Lastly, I thank you for your patience during our busiest time of year and I truly value your continued patronage.

I look forward to your return. Hopefully we are given the opportunity to meet in person.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We have stayed here severable times before when visiting family in the area, but this last visit was by far the worst. We were greeted with our welcome kit of granola bars and bottled water as priority club members; unfortunately, the rest of our stay was all downhill from there. We were surprisingly given a room next to the elevator, which frequently dinged late at night and early in the morning. This is an example of how repeat customers are treated--given the worst room in the hotel. Do not be fooled by the manager's responses to negative comments here...in person he could not be less helpful or caring when we approached him with a serious concern. Here are some issues we encountered:

1) At midnight, we received a phone call from someone claiming to be from the front desk who asked for our credit card number due to a computer glitch that affected 30 guests, threatening to kick us out of the room if we did not comply. Yes, we realized this was a scam, but our sleep was disturbed, and we were awake the whole night anticipating more phone calls. When we told the manager the next morning to report this to the police, he claimed that his regular business clients have never reported anything like this before and clearly refused to take this breach of their phone system seriously. He implied that this was our problem and not related to the hotel at all.

2) The front desk's ineptitude to process a different credit card for payment when repeatedly requested. After our 3rd request they finally got it right.

3)The lack of the correct number of towels per room occupants. It took 30 minutes for someone to bring up a towel.

We are happy to see another hotel nearing completion nearby because we WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN.

Room Tip: Avoid a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Laurasiouxie,

I appreciate that you took the time to share your experiences during your recent stay at my property.

I wish to extend my sincerest apologies for any and all inconveniences you and your family have encountered, as well as apologizing if you felt those issues were not dealt with in a suitable manner.

With regards to some of the issues you detailed on your review, the phone call you received in the middle of the night is unfortunately a scam that is nationwide and affecting all hotel chains big and small. NBCnews has run several reports and columns outlining the various ways these scammers circumvent hotel security in an attempt to acquire guests credit card information. Regretfully, this is not something local authorities are capable of responding to as it is falls on federal jurisdiction.

At this hotel we take guest’s security very seriously, we do not have an automated answering system for the sole reason of being able to screen callers to ensure we prevent situations like yours from happening. Unfortunately, as detailed by NBC, it is impossible to prevent all breaches 100% of the time. Rest assured, our staff would never conduct business of that nature over the phone. We would always have you come to the front desk during business hours.

As for some of the other issues, I welcome the opportunity for you to contact me directly so that we can discuss it in greater detail. As you can see from the many reviews we receive, customer service is something we take great pride in and many of our guests feel the same way. I would be saddened to know we have lost you and your family to another hotel due to the events of one stay out of the many you have had with us.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Kenny Oliver,
Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Room very clean, staff very helpful and friendly! Laundry facilities on the second floor. Great vending machines. Breakfast buffet was really very nice. We don't usually eat at the hotel breakfast buffet but this was really great. Items were fresh and really great.
Convenient to Mall just a few blocks up the street with great shops, Ross, Costco, Payless Anna's etc. Don't forget to check out the food trucks on 137th Avenue near to Hotel. Great choices of really well priced food!

Room Tip: Ground floor really more convenient if you are shopping! Pool area very nice as well.
carolcooper54,

Thank you so very much for you positive endorsement of my hotel. The detailed review you provided regarding the many hotel features and local shops will be of tremendous benefit to future guests looking to stay in this area.

Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

We were in Miami for a weekend sports seminar and this was the closest hotel we could find. And our airline gives points for Holiday Inn Express nights so the choice was obvious for the 5 days we wanted to stay in Miami.

We were happy with our stay. I guess it's part of the Express hotel franchise that you use disposable plates and cups for the (average) breakfast - that's pretty much the only bad thing I'd say about the place. No hotel restaurant but there's several good restaurants nearby - Sea Siam Connection with their sushi/thai menu was our favorite. There's also a bicycle rental just few minute walk away if you're traveling without a car like we were. The surrounding area was okay to explore on bikes - no bike lanes, though. From MIA airport you can get to the hotel using public transport quite easily. It was handy to have microwave and fridge in the room.

It's not near Miami Beach but visiting the Beach by public transport took maybe 1,5h and it was good enough for us.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
liljis,

Thank you for choosing my hotel for your travel needs and for taking the time to share your experience.

The details you have provided will be of great help to future guests. As for the breakfast, you are correct in that it is a brand standard for all Holiday Inn Express hotels. The more upscale plates and breakfast options are reserved for the Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Resort properties.

I hope that you return to us the next time you are in the area.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

This is a relatively new Holiday Inn Express location. It is about 30 min drive from Miami beach, so you need to have a car.
Rooms are great and clean, beds are very comfortable, staff is very helpful, breakfast is very good and free every morning and restaurant staff was also very professional and very helpful.
Depending on the day, they either had oranges or free cookies in the lobby, which is nice.
The hotel also has a very nice pool. The staff and hotel were very welcoming and attended all our needed. I would definitely recommend and go back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Redouane A,

Thank you for your positive review of my property. The hotel opened in November of 2007 so for you to mention that it looks like new is a huge testament to the dedication the entire team has to making this property special for our guests.

I hope that you return to us soon, the cookies will be here waiting.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Overall the hotel was quite accommodating for what I needed. They offer a free breakfast in the mornings, and the dining facility is open during the day and evening times. It is located within about a 10 minute walk from a big shopping center/dining area , you just have to walk on grass, there are no sidewalks, but that doesn't detract from the overall rating of the hotel.

They have a putting green out front!! That alone almost raised my rating by another star, I'd rate it 4.25 overall!

The only drawback was the location. There is a sign on the road, but it's not lit up. the facility is a few hundred yards in from the main road, it's close to the Tamiami executive airport. I took a taxi from Miami International and we missed the left turn to get to the hotel, but the traffic light 200 yards up was close enough so it wasn't a major deal.

They do have a hourly shuttle, but they have a 5 mile radius limit. The front desk will map out your location in relation to the hotel and that's how they determine the mileage. It is free, so that is a great offset from the limitations.if it's outside, they do go as far as they can and drop you off somewhere safe (My initial destination was 5.1 miles, I walked the 0.1 mile to get to where I needed to).

Nice rooms, I had a 2 queen-size bed room, HDTV on the wall, 30 something channels, the air conditioning worked wonderfully, and the beds were very comfortable. Nice sized bathrooms, but no closets in the particular room I was in.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
newwOrldtraveler,

Thank you for providing such a detailed and positive review of my property. I realize that everyone's time is valuable and for you to use your time to provide other travelers with a vivid a precise description of my property and amenities is greatly appreciated.

Kenny Oliver

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall? Share your experiences!