“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kendall
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

This is a relatively new Holiday Inn Express location. It is about 30 min drive from Miami beach, so you need to have a car.
Rooms are great and clean, beds are very comfortable, staff is very helpful, breakfast is very good and free every morning and restaurant staff was also very professional and very helpful.
Depending on the day, they either had oranges or free cookies in the lobby, which is nice.
The hotel also has a very nice pool. The staff and hotel were very welcoming and attended all our needed. I would definitely recommend and go back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Redouane A,

Thank you for your positive review of my property. The hotel opened in November of 2007 so for you to mention that it looks like new is a huge testament to the dedication the entire team has to making this property special for our guests.

I hope that you return to us soon, the cookies will be here waiting.

Kenny Oliver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Overall the hotel was quite accommodating for what I needed. They offer a free breakfast in the mornings, and the dining facility is open during the day and evening times. It is located within about a 10 minute walk from a big shopping center/dining area , you just have to walk on grass, there are no sidewalks, but that doesn't detract from the overall rating of the hotel.

They have a putting green out front!! That alone almost raised my rating by another star, I'd rate it 4.25 overall!

The only drawback was the location. There is a sign on the road, but it's not lit up. the facility is a few hundred yards in from the main road, it's close to the Tamiami executive airport. I took a taxi from Miami International and we missed the left turn to get to the hotel, but the traffic light 200 yards up was close enough so it wasn't a major deal.

They do have a hourly shuttle, but they have a 5 mile radius limit. The front desk will map out your location in relation to the hotel and that's how they determine the mileage. It is free, so that is a great offset from the limitations.if it's outside, they do go as far as they can and drop you off somewhere safe (My initial destination was 5.1 miles, I walked the 0.1 mile to get to where I needed to).

Nice rooms, I had a 2 queen-size bed room, HDTV on the wall, 30 something channels, the air conditioning worked wonderfully, and the beds were very comfortable. Nice sized bathrooms, but no closets in the particular room I was in.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
newwOrldtraveler,

Thank you for providing such a detailed and positive review of my property. I realize that everyone's time is valuable and for you to use your time to provide other travelers with a vivid a precise description of my property and amenities is greatly appreciated.

Coral Gables
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

It's hard to see this property from the road -- across the way from Tamiami Airport near ZooMiami in South Miami-Dade County -- but it's a great place to stay. Beds are comfortable, rooms are neat and clean, it's a no-smoking facility. Your choice of soft or firm pillows, microwave and fridge in the rooms, everywhere I looked there was something else to contribute to a comfortable stay. Elevators were clean, water in the shower was hot. Less than a mile away are restaurants and stores -- there is a large shopping center within easy driving distance. If you didn't have to be in the neighborhood, you would never give this place a second look, but if you do have to stay over in South Dade and don't want to go to some grubby little hole in the wall, this is THE plece to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Robert L,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive and detailed review. I am glad to learn that you have decided to use my property as "THE" place for your travel needs when you are in the area.

Treasure Coast, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hotel is perfectly situated for someone traveling out of the Kendall-Tamiami airport. While there is no restaurant in the hotel, they do put on a buffet breakfast that is perfectly adequate. You won't mistake it for a fine dining experience, but that's not why you stay at a Holiday Inn Express. There is a variety of good things to eat, both hot and cold.

The hotel is clean and neat; the rooms well-appointed, and the staff was excellent. This was not my first stay here, nor will it be the last. I will use it again whenever I travel out of the Tamiami airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
PalmCityAv8r,

Thank you for continuing to use our location for your travel needs. I especially thank you for your endorsement and I sincerely hope that your travels bring you back to us soon.

We'll have breakfast waiting for you.

Clovis, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

On arrival, the facilities are typical for a holiday inn express. Restaurants are not within walking distance, most are approximately one mile away. The hotel does have a van and offers hourly rides.
When I went up the elevator I was hit with a very strong odor when the elevator door opened. When I entered my room the smell was worse. By the fourth night of my stay the smell was nearly unbearable. I pulled the air filter open on my A/C unit and found and removed a very unusual air freshener. After removing the air "freshener" the room was tolerable; however, the hallway continued to be way over "freshened."

Breakfast is typical for a holiday inn express. Staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Stay away from the second floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
imbatmn,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay at my hotel. As you can see from our many reviews, not just on TripAdvisor but on other travel sites and our IHG corporate site, we get very high marks from our guests regarding cleanliness and service. I can assure you, your experience is not indicative of the service and quality this hotel is know for and I take your dissatisfaction very seriously.

Please feel free to contact me to discuss your stay in further detail.

Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I would stay here again. It is quite a distance from downtown though. But enjoyed everything else. Pool hrs are a bit strict. 9 pm is much too early to close when you are on vacation. Breakfast was good, the workout facility really nice, didn't get a chance to use the pool. The room was great.

• Stayed July 2013
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
roche2765,

I appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay at my hotel. I am pleased to know that your first visit to us was pleasant and enjoyable.

I hope that your travels bring you back to us soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Well Maintained
Friendly Staff
Great location

I stayed at this hotel every week for 2 years while on a consulting assignment. The staff is continously cleaning and touching up the facility. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Wayneww1000,

Thank you, yet again, for taking the time to write about your experience while staying at my hotel.
I am thrilled to know that you have received a consistent experience throughout your numerous stays with us.

I hope that we continue to live up to your expectations each time you visit.

Kenny Oliver

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall? Share your experiences!