“Clean hotel, Friendly staff, Great amenities” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kendall
Atlanta, Georgia
“Clean hotel, Friendly staff, Great amenities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Ok, right off the bat, I was handed a "goody bag" with snacks and 2 bottles of water. Now I'm not saying this would make my decision on a hotel, but it certainly says something about how much this hotel cares about their guests. Breakfast included multiple hot options, in addition to the usual continental affair. AND there was a free happy hour at the pool with beer, hot dogs, and burgers.

Every member of staff I spoke to was friendly, professional, and helpful. The ones I didn't speak to smiled and said hello. I had an in depth conversation with the handy-man (there was something wrong with my door, it is an older hotel, and only a small inconvenience) who gave me great advice on local places to try. He suggested Monty's (among other places that unfortunately time would not permit) which I can recommend for that perfect cheesy touristy beach themed bar by the harbor feel which I admit I am quite fond of. I would definitely go again!

Anyway, apart from being a bit old, this hotel was excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
SallyCarol,

I appreciate you taking the time to write such an in depth review of my hotel. We make great efforts so that our guests feel welcomed and special during their stay. The "goody bags" and guest appreciation BBQ are just some of the small ways we say thank you for choosing us.

We look forward to your return, hopefully next time you get a chance to experience Monty's as well.

Kenny Oliver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
High Point, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very clean hotel, staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Located 5 minutes from Zoo; adjacent to good restaurants and shops- Sergio's Cuban Cafe is less than 5 minutes and the food is very good. Breakfast @ hotel is what you would expect from HIE.

Room Tip: Overlooking pool
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
angelogonz101,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience while staying at my hotel. I em especially pleased that you found the staff to be extremely friendly. We really try to go out of our way to make all of our guests feel special.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Good location, with plenty of places to eat close by and lots of parking. Close to the zoo and The Falls, which was the reason for our stay. Rooms are basic and clean. Breakfast was good and included! Family enjoyed the pool. Front desk was very friendly.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
mo2flk,

Thank you for your positive review of my property. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you will use us again the next time your travels bring you to this area.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The rooms are at the minimum. Wifi Internet that they offer for free is spotty. The cleaning lady's will not clean the rooms on a daily basis and claim you left the privacy tag on the door. The front desk is t much help with that situation. They will simply give you all the sheets and tell you to make the bed yourself. Towels are not replaced daily and the floors aren't vacuumed daily either. When speaking to the staff they are very sarcastic and rude. The quality of this hotel has definatley declined. Never staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Jlede,

I am sorry to learn that your experience while staying with us wasn't to your liking. We take great pride in ensuring that all of our guests are treated well and with respect. This level of service is not indicative of what our guests have come to expect.

I would very much wish to speak with you in further detail about your stay. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Panama City, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This hotel offers exceptionally good value. I expected it to cost twice what I was charged.

Staff is friendly, rooms are clean and quiet, everything looks new, they have an airport shuttle to Tamiami airport,

A very good breakfast was included in my rate.

I plan to return there whenever I use the Tamiami airport.

Room Tip: Rooms in the upper floors have a particularly nice view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Henry S,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay. I am pleased that my staff treated you well and that you enjoyed your clean and quite room.

We look forward to your return, and don’t worry, we won’t charge you double.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I am a consultant and have been staying at this hotel every week for over 1 1/2 years. The people are very friendly. They keep the hotel in excellent condition, always cleaning and touching up. I can think of no negatives for this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Wayneww1000,

Thank you for your patronage and continued loyalty throughout the course of the year. I am humbled that you would speak so highly of my property.

I hope that we can continue to provide you with the excellent service and high standards that you have been accustomed to.

Kenny Oliver

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall? Share your experiences!