“Very convenient if you are travelling out of Tamiami Airport” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kendall
Panama City, Panama
“Very convenient if you are travelling out of Tamiami Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This hotel offers exceptionally good value. I expected it to cost twice what I was charged.

Staff is friendly, rooms are clean and quiet, everything looks new, they have an airport shuttle to Tamiami airport,

A very good breakfast was included in my rate.

I plan to return there whenever I use the Tamiami airport.

Room Tip: Rooms in the upper floors have a particularly nice view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Henry S,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay. I am pleased that my staff treated you well and that you enjoyed your clean and quite room.

We look forward to your return, and don’t worry, we won’t charge you double.

Kenny Oliver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I am a consultant and have been staying at this hotel every week for over 1 1/2 years. The people are very friendly. They keep the hotel in excellent condition, always cleaning and touching up. I can think of no negatives for this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Wayneww1000,

Thank you for your patronage and continued loyalty throughout the course of the year. I am humbled that you would speak so highly of my property.

I hope that we can continue to provide you with the excellent service and high standards that you have been accustomed to.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

A couple of months ago the AC inside my house broke and since we live close to this hotel we decided to stay there while we got it fixed. The service was excellent, they had a table at the entrance with fresh fruits and some yummy chocolate and raisin oatmeal cookies ( which my kids loved!) the person at the front gate was super friendly! Only thing that we didn't like (mostly me because of my allergies) was the humidity in the rooms and the smell due to this. I called the front desk and they immediately sent someone with keys to another room, this person told me that they've had that problem with humidity, we moved to another room which was still a little humid but was a lot better than the first one! The breakfast was awesome, a variety of cereals rolls and muffins eggs etc. Overall our stay was pretty good, it's more of a hotel for people that are on business trips (close to the Tamiami Executive Airport) in Kendal Florida.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
SandraD75,

Thank you for thanking the time to write about your experience while staying at my hotel. I am sorry to learn that your A/C was damaged in your home. Living in Miami, one never truly appreciates their A/C until it’s no longer available.

I am pleased to know that my staff treated you well and that you enjoyed your stay here. I do have a concern with regards to your comments on the humidity in the rooms and the answer given to you by one of my staff. We do not have issues with humidity, occasionally we may have issues with the A/C units that cool the rooms and if they are not functioning well, the room may feel muggy. However, we make every attempt possible to ensure all A/C units are routinely cleaned and serviced.

I am hoping that you may contact me at your convenience, I would very much like to know more about your stay so that I can address the issue properly.

Venice, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is located in a business park-type setting and near Kendall Tamiami Airport. However, it was very quiet and we did not notice noise from the air traffic during our stay. We had been to the Everglades and were headed to the Boca Raton/Del Ray Beach area the next day.

Upon arrival, we were greeted warmly, recognized as Priority Club members and given a goody-bag. Our check-in was quick and efficient and the staff was professional and courteous. There were cookies available in the lobby and also popcorn in the eating area later in the afternoon. The staff were knowledgeable about the area and were able to recommend a good restaurant. The check-out was also fast and correct.

We found the hotel including our room to be extremely clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good and the breakfast area was neat and clean.

Although it was a little off our route, we are glad we stayed here and would do so again if we were in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
llgtfan,

Thank you for choosing my hotel for your travel needs and thank you as well for your positive review the property and staff.

As you have mentioned, we are "off the route" but definitely well worth the while.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I travel a lot for business and use tripadvisor as my primary resource when booking a hotel. I chose this hotel for its excellent rating and I must admit, its definetly well deserved. I have stayed in more upscale full service hotels that are no where near as clean or well staffed as this "limited service" one.
Pros: Excellent front desk staff, free everything (breakfast, internet, COOKIES), clean (although I would question their taste in furniture, its a little dated)
Cons: Pool only open until 9pm, no ATM on site (although there is a bank on the corner)

Word of caution, this is exactly what you would call a "corporate hotel" it is for the business traveler. I wouldnt recommend it for a vacation spot, its way to far from Miami Beach and Downtown.

I would most definetly stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Fish_n_Chips

Thank you for your positive review of my staff and property. I am pleased to know that we were able to surpass your expectations and provide you with an experience that you would be willing to return for.

We may be a limited service property by definition, but we strive to provide the same level of service and satisfaction that you would find in "upscale full service hotels"

Jackson, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

It's pretty average...maybe a bit above, but the location's sort of away from everything. Since we were heading to both the Everglades and Miami, it worked for us but I could see it being inconvenient for other travelers. They keep the facility clean. Small workout room (but the equipment worked, and that's always a plus).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
TennesseeCarl,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience while staying with us. We try very hard to provide and clean, comfortable, and inviting atmosphere for our guests.

Please come visit us again when you are in the area.

Kenny Oliver

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall? Share your experiences!