“We enjoyed our visit” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Venice, Florida
“We enjoyed our visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is located in a business park-type setting and near Kendall Tamiami Airport. However, it was very quiet and we did not notice noise from the air traffic during our stay. We had been to the Everglades and were headed to the Boca Raton/Del Ray Beach area the next day.

Upon arrival, we were greeted warmly, recognized as Priority Club members and given a goody-bag. Our check-in was quick and efficient and the staff was professional and courteous. There were cookies available in the lobby and also popcorn in the eating area later in the afternoon. The staff were knowledgeable about the area and were able to recommend a good restaurant. The check-out was also fast and correct.

We found the hotel including our room to be extremely clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good and the breakfast area was neat and clean.

Although it was a little off our route, we are glad we stayed here and would do so again if we were in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
llgtfan,

Thank you for choosing my hotel for your travel needs and thank you as well for your positive review the property and staff.

As you have mentioned, we are "off the route" but definitely well worth the while.

Kenny Oliver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I travel a lot for business and use tripadvisor as my primary resource when booking a hotel. I chose this hotel for its excellent rating and I must admit, its definetly well deserved. I have stayed in more upscale full service hotels that are no where near as clean or well staffed as this "limited service" one.
Pros: Excellent front desk staff, free everything (breakfast, internet, COOKIES), clean (although I would question their taste in furniture, its a little dated)
Cons: Pool only open until 9pm, no ATM on site (although there is a bank on the corner)

Word of caution, this is exactly what you would call a "corporate hotel" it is for the business traveler. I wouldnt recommend it for a vacation spot, its way to far from Miami Beach and Downtown.

I would most definetly stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Fish_n_Chips

Thank you for your positive review of my staff and property. I am pleased to know that we were able to surpass your expectations and provide you with an experience that you would be willing to return for.

We may be a limited service property by definition, but we strive to provide the same level of service and satisfaction that you would find in "upscale full service hotels"

Jackson, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

It's pretty average...maybe a bit above, but the location's sort of away from everything. Since we were heading to both the Everglades and Miami, it worked for us but I could see it being inconvenient for other travelers. They keep the facility clean. Small workout room (but the equipment worked, and that's always a plus).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
TennesseeCarl,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience while staying with us. We try very hard to provide and clean, comfortable, and inviting atmosphere for our guests.

Please come visit us again when you are in the area.

Barbados
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Staying at this hotel has made me aware that I need to be very careful when I select hotels for future stays. First I shall begin with the positive...staff at this hotel are very personable and friendly. On arrival I was met by a very friendly male front desk agent and on check out an even more pleasant lady. Other employees were equally friendly and helpful , I had employees hold elevators for me on two separate occasions while I was struggling with luggage ... a gesture that was appreciated.
There is popcorn and cookies available in the lobby and breakfast is included in the room rate. The hotel also has a shuttle which I made use of and found to be very reliable . Huge flat screen TV in the room.

Now for the negative
Hotel is a bit isolated. We had a rental car and I would suggest the same.
There was a noticeable odour when I entered the room that was present throughout my stay. Truth be told the room is quite spacious but seems a bit dated . I found the room to be clean and spotless but for whatever reason still felt a little dirty to me - maybe because it was old. Definitely not modern and could use a little extra something. I wanted to leave and stay at another hotel but my husband didn't want to . Personally I won't be returning . I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott for some of my stay and wished I had booked there for the entire stay .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Chica42,

Thank you for writing about your experience while staying at my property. I am pleased to know that your interactions with the team were consistent and that you were treated well. We try very hard to provide all of our guests with same level of courtesy and respect that we would show a family member.

I noticed by some of your other posts that you generally stay at the Best Western. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to accommodate you and your husband.

With regards to the rooms, the team works diligently to ensure that all rooms are spotless. As you may see from some of the other reviews by our guests, cleanliness is a common theme among them all.

I am very interested in learning more about the issues with your particular room. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I came here as a college group with a set it 10 other students. 5 of us had fraudulent card transactions after providing the hotel with our card details.

Not sure if its the people or the systems, but they need to take corrective action quick. The stay in general was pretty good. The horror came to light after checkout.

• Stayed December 2012
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
HarshakNagaraj,

First I'd like to begin by extending my sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you and your friends have experienced.

The hotel has recently changed its credit card service provider, it appears that in that transition, we fell victim to a computer hack. The hack has since been removed and the security increased to prevent this from happening again.

I hope that this doesn’t tarnish your opinion of our hotel and that you and your friends return to us on your next visit.

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

It's been so long since anyone in my family stayed at a Holiday Inn that we had pretty much written them all off as an "older" run of the mill hotels from the 1970's. So it was a very, very nice surprise when we walked into the Holiday Inn Express this past weekend. The Lobby was attractive with an adjacent breakfast/dining room within view. Our room was spacious, had a contemporary flair, was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The beds were comfortable, towels thick and absorbent, and the room well lit. Now, I'm not going to go overboard to suggest it was luxurious 5 star hotel...but it was just what I needed...a clean, quiet and attractive place to rest for the night. The staff was attentive when we reported a slow draining sink and it was fixed to perfection while we were away during the day. The bathroom fan is a bit LOUD and the toilet flushes so forcefully you feel as if you might get sucked in...but over all, we'd stay here again in a heat beat! It was surprisingly delightful and a good choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Michelle C,

I am so pleased that we were able to change your perception of, as you put it, "older run of the mill hotels from the 1970's". Holiday Inn Express has made a concerted effort to ensure that the perception of what used to be is no longer the norm.

I am also glad to know that you were able to relax and that my staff was attentive to your needs. I am sorry to say that I am not sure what can be done with regards to the forceful flushing of the toilets, but I will make sure to address the issue with maintenance.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to change your mind about the brand.

Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I will start with the positives. The business center was great. The room I was in had a large flat screen TV centered on the wall in front of the bed. The mattress was sunk in at the foot of the bed where guest had possibly been sitting watching TV.

The second floor had a smell to it the entire 5 days I was at the property. My room had that poorly cleaned bathroom smell. I sprayed Lysol for days but could not get rid of the smell. It looked clean but did not smell fresh.

The walls are paper thin. I could hear the water from the shower above. I could also hear everything out in the halls.

The breakfast was the basic free breakfast that you get at most hotels.

This is a construction issue. My review does not reflect the service of the staff. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HoneyBunny2001,

I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to write about your experience while staying at my hotel.

Your feedback, whether positive or negative is what allows us to improve our services to ensure that the next time you or a future guest checks in, those issue would be a thing of the past.

I would love to invite you to return as my guest in order for you to see what we are truly capable off.

Kenny Oliver

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall? Share your experiences!