“Surprisingly delightful” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Kendall
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Surprisingly delightful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

It's been so long since anyone in my family stayed at a Holiday Inn that we had pretty much written them all off as an "older" run of the mill hotels from the 1970's. So it was a very, very nice surprise when we walked into the Holiday Inn Express this past weekend. The Lobby was attractive with an adjacent breakfast/dining room within view. Our room was spacious, had a contemporary flair, was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The beds were comfortable, towels thick and absorbent, and the room well lit. Now, I'm not going to go overboard to suggest it was luxurious 5 star hotel...but it was just what I needed...a clean, quiet and attractive place to rest for the night. The staff was attentive when we reported a slow draining sink and it was fixed to perfection while we were away during the day. The bathroom fan is a bit LOUD and the toilet flushes so forcefully you feel as if you might get sucked in...but over all, we'd stay here again in a heat beat! It was surprisingly delightful and a good choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Michelle C,

I am so pleased that we were able to change your perception of, as you put it, "older run of the mill hotels from the 1970's". Holiday Inn Express has made a concerted effort to ensure that the perception of what used to be is no longer the norm.

I am also glad to know that you were able to relax and that my staff was attentive to your needs. I am sorry to say that I am not sure what can be done with regards to the forceful flushing of the toilets, but I will make sure to address the issue with maintenance.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to change your mind about the brand.

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I will start with the positives. The business center was great. The room I was in had a large flat screen TV centered on the wall in front of the bed. The mattress was sunk in at the foot of the bed where guest had possibly been sitting watching TV.

The second floor had a smell to it the entire 5 days I was at the property. My room had that poorly cleaned bathroom smell. I sprayed Lysol for days but could not get rid of the smell. It looked clean but did not smell fresh.

The walls are paper thin. I could hear the water from the shower above. I could also hear everything out in the halls.

The breakfast was the basic free breakfast that you get at most hotels.

This is a construction issue. My review does not reflect the service of the staff. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HoneyBunny2001,

I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to write about your experience while staying at my hotel.

Your feedback, whether positive or negative is what allows us to improve our services to ensure that the next time you or a future guest checks in, those issue would be a thing of the past.

I would love to invite you to return as my guest in order for you to see what we are truly capable off.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This hotel is constantly improving itself. My room was recently painted in a fashionable 2 color scheme. Very nice.
The complimentary breakfast also added a fresh pancake machine. The breakfast is the best free breakfast I have ever had in a hotel. Eggs, sausage, bagels, pastries, cereals, & pancakes are just the beginning.
The front desk staff was courteous and efficient. Checking in and out was easy and fast.
The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. I really like the pillows.
As usual, Mr Carlo Lima was a pleasure to deal with. Our reservations were perfect and available even though we were a little early. Well, maybe too early. Either way we lucked out and had a room. Thanks, Mr Lima!
As usual, it was a great stay and keep getting better. I just had to add an extra star this time. You all deserve it.
Charles

• Stayed September 2012
Charles P,

Thank you again for yet another positive review. You have stayed with us many times and it pleases me to know that we have been able to provide you with a consistently favorable experience each time.

It’s not always easy to "wow" a repeat guest every time they stay because they come to expect certain amenities and treatment, which is why we are always trying to improve our service as well as our amenities in order to keep you on your toes.

We look forward to your return.

Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights while on business. Hotel is fairly basic, but is clean and the staff are helpful. Breakfast was a bit limited, but I cetainly didn't go hungry! The location of the hotel is slightly isolated so I'd recommend a car if you stay here. One major drawback I found with this hotel was, though offering free safety deposit boxes, these boxes were not large enough to take my laptop, which resulted in me carrying my laptop where ever I went.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
man_from_minsk

Thank you for taking the time to write about my property. I am especially thankful for the suggestion on larger safety deposit boxes. Generally we only have guests whom wish to store documents, passports, or jewelry so the boxes have been tailored to accommodate them.

I can see where the addition of perhaps 1 or 2 larger boxes would be a benefit to our guests that have larger items such as a laptop.

I will certainly look into purchasing them in the near future.

Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We could not find a reasonable hotel in Kendall, FL, so we picked this property and we were quite happy about the our pick...for us it was our first stay on a Holiday Inn Express Property..The hotel offer a great value... very helpful and friendly staff, nice and clean room, free business center, small gym, free parking and breakfast included. we would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
CabreraJay1,

Thank you for sharing your positive thoughts about your stay with us. I am extremely pleased that your decision to choose my location paid off and that you were treated well.

I hope, based on your experience with us, that you will continue to stay at our and other Holiday Inn Express properties in the future.

Please come see us again the next time you are in the area.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This Hotel is one of the best I've ever been. As soon as you walk in you feel like you are welcomed and at home. The staff are some of the greatest at what they do in making sure you are comfortable in your room and happy. They simply rock my world. The rooms are lovely with necessary amentities. They always seem to change up the rooms to make them look more natural and cozy rather than just another hotel. Bascially they make it beautiful to want to be in. I love it here and I'm sure you will to when you come stay here. It's like a dream.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HIexpress-kendall, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Krusnik N,

Thank you so very much for your eloquent and positive endorsement. I am pleased that you enjoyed the new color schemes we have introduced to are rooms. Our aim was to surround our guests with an environment in which they can relax and be stress free.

Williston, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Have stayed there for buisness. Staff is always nice and pleasant. VERY CLEAN. Good Location. Very quiet. Bathroom was clean with plenty of towels. Breakfast was good and plentiful. Room attendants were always pleasant and asked if there was anything extra I needed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear ScottJess Wyatt,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of my property and staff. I am pleased that your stay with us, although for business, was a pleasant one.

Come see us again soon.

Kenny Oliver

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall? Share your experiences!