“Love this place !!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kendall
Barbados
“Love this place !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

My spouse and I have stayed here every trip to Miami Fl and this summer will be no exception.

Nothing negative I can say about this hotel . ALL POSITIVE !!!
Clean
Safe
Comfortable
Reasonably priced
Good Location
Complimentary breakfast
Friendly staff

Stay here u wont regret it : )

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

Wife and I were extremely pleased with this hotel and would certainly stay here again but only for the specific purpose that we stayed here in the first place: it makes a great, reasonably-priced startingoff point for a drive to Key West if you are flying into Miami and don't want to endure the hassle of driving into Miami or Miami Beach for the first night of your trip, then back out the next day to Key West. (It is notfornothing that the locals apparently refer to US1 as "Useless 1")

So anyhow, this Kendall location is great for that purpose. You don't need to struggle with Miami traffic, just straight south from MIA through easy suburban traffic, then off to the Keys the next day. But it would be hard for me to think of any other reason for staying here, unless you had some kind of business-related or other reason for staying particularly in Kendall. Kendall is a pleasant enough stripmall sort of suburb, safe enough to walk a around a bit at night, but far away from downtown Miami, let alone Miami Beach, if those are the places that you are interested in.

There's a big Barnes and Noble next door, and a branch of that excellent Miami restaurant chain, Flanigan's, just a few blocks away, but otherwise not much to excite.

The included breakfast here was excellent, several hot items, and the breakfast room itself one of the best we have experienced anywhere.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
East Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

We stayed five nights at this hotel. I was overall satisfied with but there was one problem and one complaint. On the plus side: fine location, a little west of the Florida Turnpike and just north of N Kendall Dr, a major commercial thoroughfare. The room was very clean and tidy. Beds were very comfy and the bathroom was fairly spacious with a large counter. Front desk service was efficient albeit indifferent. Elevators were roomy and quick. On the negative side: during our first night, Saturday, there was a group of young men carrying on very loudly by the pool. They were still yakking well after midnight. We finally complained to the front desk but the desk staff did not stop them. The boisterous dudes finally relented around 3:00 am. Fortunately our remaining nights were peaceful. My complaint was with the breakfast--quite mediocre considering the quality of Best Western. The cold cereal was fresh but tasted cheap. And the egg patties looked, tasted and felt like they were concocted from powder. But there were always fresh bananas and apples available, and the milk was very good. My advice: don't stay Friday-Saturday nights, and keep limited expectations regarding the breakfast.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
ormond beach, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

The staff at this hotel go above and beyond to make sure you have a great stay. I can't say enough good things about the staff!!! Congratulations to Best Western for hiring such good employees. You can tell they enjoy their jobs.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for three weeks and found it to be an outstanding hotel. It has a small gym, washer/dryer on site, free hot breakfast, courteous service but most importantly it was very clean.

I am a bit of a germ freak anyway and do not usually care to stay in hotels because of the stories you hear about cleanliness. I was pleased to stay here. Everything was clean and fresh. The cups in the bathroom are disposable so you don't have to worry about maids cleaning glasses with dirty sponges.

Free WiFi connection (though the speed was not the best on the 5th floor but was sufficient for email). The carpet in my room was cleaned one day while I was out and it wasn't by request. This tells me that the place is maintained well and that intiative is being taken to ensure it is maintained. Also, keep in mind, this is Florida and I never saw a cockroach or any other bug for that matter.

Kudos to the staff. I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

I would absolutely suggest staying at this hotel! Upon arrival my watch dropped down into the gap of the elevator door's floor s I held the door open for our cart to be pushed in. A maintenance person said he would look. I got into our room, settled in & noticed 2 feather pillows & I'm allergic to feathers. My husband went down to the front desk & let them know. The housekeeper came up quickly & switched out the pillows pleasantly. Then I advised her there was a maintence guy looking for my watch & I failed to give him our room # & asked if she could let him know in case he finds it. She got on the radio right away to do that. Within 30 minutes there was a knock on our door & the maintenance guy had gotten my watch! It took a lot of work but he got it! Then he told me the pin had come out & that is how it fell off my arm & he fixed it for me as well! His name is Luis Arce! Thanks so much Luis & to the housekeeper I failed to get the name of, sorry. Great job - great team work! The rest of the stay was so great we chose to stay there a 2nd night. Breakfast bar is wonderful! We had a hockey tournament in the area - the hotel was wonderful for the kids as well.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Framingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

This is a very nice place for the money. nice room. good breakfast. pleasant service at the desk. has washers, dryers available. refrig in room which ran very quietly. internet a bit slow.

good location for fairchild gardens and the everglades. much better motel than anything in homestead.

some decent resataurants nearby and a publix also.

little hard to find. in the middle of a shopping center.

fair amount of traffic in the area. at least during the week when we were there. not sure how it is on the weekend.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Kendall Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!