“Pretty Good Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kendall
East Coast
“Pretty Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

We stayed five nights at this hotel. I was overall satisfied with but there was one problem and one complaint. On the plus side: fine location, a little west of the Florida Turnpike and just north of N Kendall Dr, a major commercial thoroughfare. The room was very clean and tidy. Beds were very comfy and the bathroom was fairly spacious with a large counter. Front desk service was efficient albeit indifferent. Elevators were roomy and quick. On the negative side: during our first night, Saturday, there was a group of young men carrying on very loudly by the pool. They were still yakking well after midnight. We finally complained to the front desk but the desk staff did not stop them. The boisterous dudes finally relented around 3:00 am. Fortunately our remaining nights were peaceful. My complaint was with the breakfast--quite mediocre considering the quality of Best Western. The cold cereal was fresh but tasted cheap. And the egg patties looked, tasted and felt like they were concocted from powder. But there were always fresh bananas and apples available, and the milk was very good. My advice: don't stay Friday-Saturday nights, and keep limited expectations regarding the breakfast.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Turkish first
ormond beach, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

The staff at this hotel go above and beyond to make sure you have a great stay. I can't say enough good things about the staff!!! Congratulations to Best Western for hiring such good employees. You can tell they enjoy their jobs.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for three weeks and found it to be an outstanding hotel. It has a small gym, washer/dryer on site, free hot breakfast, courteous service but most importantly it was very clean.

I am a bit of a germ freak anyway and do not usually care to stay in hotels because of the stories you hear about cleanliness. I was pleased to stay here. Everything was clean and fresh. The cups in the bathroom are disposable so you don't have to worry about maids cleaning glasses with dirty sponges.

Free WiFi connection (though the speed was not the best on the 5th floor but was sufficient for email). The carpet in my room was cleaned one day while I was out and it wasn't by request. This tells me that the place is maintained well and that intiative is being taken to ensure it is maintained. Also, keep in mind, this is Florida and I never saw a cockroach or any other bug for that matter.

Kudos to the staff. I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

I would absolutely suggest staying at this hotel! Upon arrival my watch dropped down into the gap of the elevator door's floor s I held the door open for our cart to be pushed in. A maintenance person said he would look. I got into our room, settled in & noticed 2 feather pillows & I'm allergic to feathers. My husband went down to the front desk & let them know. The housekeeper came up quickly & switched out the pillows pleasantly. Then I advised her there was a maintence guy looking for my watch & I failed to give him our room # & asked if she could let him know in case he finds it. She got on the radio right away to do that. Within 30 minutes there was a knock on our door & the maintenance guy had gotten my watch! It took a lot of work but he got it! Then he told me the pin had come out & that is how it fell off my arm & he fixed it for me as well! His name is Luis Arce! Thanks so much Luis & to the housekeeper I failed to get the name of, sorry. Great job - great team work! The rest of the stay was so great we chose to stay there a 2nd night. Breakfast bar is wonderful! We had a hockey tournament in the area - the hotel was wonderful for the kids as well.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Framingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

This is a very nice place for the money. nice room. good breakfast. pleasant service at the desk. has washers, dryers available. refrig in room which ran very quietly. internet a bit slow.

good location for fairchild gardens and the everglades. much better motel than anything in homestead.

some decent resataurants nearby and a publix also.

little hard to find. in the middle of a shopping center.

fair amount of traffic in the area. at least during the week when we were there. not sure how it is on the weekend.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

After making my reservations, I read the reviews posted on line. A few of the reviews were negative, and I began to wonder if I had made a mistake. I am happy to report that I did not.

My first contact with the staff was upon my arrival. The receptionist was very courteous and went out of her way to find me a room that was ready for early check-in. This type of customer service was typical of every staff member with whom I had contact. All were upbeat, helpful, courteous, and professional. What a wonderful team!

The room itself exceeded my expectations. The bedroom and adjoining bath were bright, clean, and spacious. In addition to a large television, it also had a separate table and chairs which allowd me to comfortably deal with paperwork. And the bed was incredibly comfortable!

Finally, I found the food to be delicious. The hotel offers a full breakfast that is included in the cost of the room for two persons--a policy that was clearly stated in a paper handed to me while checking in. Among the many choices of food available, my favorites were the custom made omelets and the fresh fruit.

For the price and location, I found the hotel to be an excellent value.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Mpls, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

Good shops in area, good restaurants, but hotel is average compared to others in the same price range. We stayed their for 4 nights and didn't have any problems. I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Kendall Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!