“very nice place” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Framingham
“very nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

This is a very nice place for the money. nice room. good breakfast. pleasant service at the desk. has washers, dryers available. refrig in room which ran very quietly. internet a bit slow.

good location for fairchild gardens and the everglades. much better motel than anything in homestead.

some decent resataurants nearby and a publix also.

little hard to find. in the middle of a shopping center.

fair amount of traffic in the area. at least during the week when we were there. not sure how it is on the weekend.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Turkish first
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

After making my reservations, I read the reviews posted on line. A few of the reviews were negative, and I began to wonder if I had made a mistake. I am happy to report that I did not.

My first contact with the staff was upon my arrival. The receptionist was very courteous and went out of her way to find me a room that was ready for early check-in. This type of customer service was typical of every staff member with whom I had contact. All were upbeat, helpful, courteous, and professional. What a wonderful team!

The room itself exceeded my expectations. The bedroom and adjoining bath were bright, clean, and spacious. In addition to a large television, it also had a separate table and chairs which allowd me to comfortably deal with paperwork. And the bed was incredibly comfortable!

Finally, I found the food to be delicious. The hotel offers a full breakfast that is included in the cost of the room for two persons--a policy that was clearly stated in a paper handed to me while checking in. Among the many choices of food available, my favorites were the custom made omelets and the fresh fruit.

For the price and location, I found the hotel to be an excellent value.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Mpls, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

Good shops in area, good restaurants, but hotel is average compared to others in the same price range. We stayed their for 4 nights and didn't have any problems. I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2009

My wife and I stayed here for three nights, starting Feb. 5. I had read the reviews on TripAdvisor before I booked and they sounded very good. They were right. It's a great new hotel. Everything looks clean and new. And so quiet. Didn't hear any of that door slamming and loud talking you often get at other places. The beds are really comfortable. The breakfast area is the largest I've seen so there's lots of room for everyone to find a seat. There's a nice variety of things to eat. (But there's so much garbage produced; can some of this not be recycled?) Big, fresh cookies in the evening (if you're lucky to get one) are a nice touch too. The pool was very nice. I went in once and was the only one in it as the weather was unusually cold. There are lots of nice restaurants and stores and a movie theater near the hotel--no need to drive. Finally, it's easy to get to (just off the Turnpike) and it's in a nice, safe area. If it's within your budget, stay here!

• Liked — clean and new and quiet
  • Disliked — no chance to recycle
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fort Lee, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2009

This site helps me a lot when searching hotels, so here are my two cents...Last year for our anniversary we stayed at the best western in atlantic city (on white horse pike) my review is here...SO>>>this year we booked a Best Western for a two day stay in Kendall. The experience began with a wonderful front desk person at the hotel Chris Figueroa who upgraded me to a suite (my anniversary)...WOW! You would think a room so clean, spacious & confortable would be 5 stars =) well they are in my book. We have been in a suite in Hawaii for double the price & half the comfort. The beds are comfortable & did i say CLEAN...maybe its because its a newer hotel but even the free breakfast which i usually dont have, was VERY GOOD, they had omelettes!! the area is great. Bahama Breeze right by the front door, this way you dont drink&drive =)...I really dont have enough words to say thank you Chris for a wonderful experience at another best western and would likely be back very soon.......and for those of you searching in Kendall.....STOP!!! this is it.......enjoy .......

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2009

We stayed at the Best Western in Kendall on our way to Key West. This is a newer hotel. It is well kept, clean and the staff is friendly and helpful.

We will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Brookine, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2008

This would be a 5-star review, except that this is a budget hotel. I stayed for 8 nights during the last stage of the presidential campaign, so I was out all day and did not use the pool or other amenities. But the room was large and the hotel spotless. Breakfast was very good, especially when you consider that it is included in the price of the room. Hector and Rosa, on the desk in the evening, and Luis the night desk man were always friendly and helpful. The only drawback was that I had intermittent trouble staying connected on the wireless network (which is free). I would certainly stay here again if in the area.

• Liked — Location, cleanliness, friendly staff.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendall
BEST WESTERN PLUS Kendall Airport Hotel & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Miami (Kendall)
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall
Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall
Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland
Miami Dadeland Hotel
Miami Dadeland Hotel
#7 of 7 in Kendall
3.5 of 5 stars 11 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Kendall Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!