“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kendall
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, USA
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The whole two day stay was wonderful. We enjoyed the breakfast we had on both of the days. I think they were the best we have had in any Hotel in the USA. The room and bath were very clean and nicely decorated. I liked the idea of saving water etc. on the sheets. We will be back again because we have plans to visit our family in that area next year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Limited hotels to choose from this area hence a bit pricey. Clean rooms. Lots of amenities around. The breakfast was average but they had scrambled eggs with ham and no other way. Otherwise, will recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2013
Ithaca, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

It seems to be pretty well reviewed already on here, but I'll mention that the free breakfast really stood out with surprising variety of hot foods. Several coffee and tea types also available throughout the day. We had no problems at all during our 3 night stay and would highly recommend this hotel. Our local friends certify it to be the best in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Having spent my first three nights at the Wingate by Wyndham, Miramar (see previous review), the move to the Best Western Plus, Kendall was for purely practical reasons (to locate me to the south of Miami) and alas, a come down from the excellent stay at Wingate by Wyndham, Miramar.

Upon arrival, check-in was efficient, albeit very functional and lacking welcome. I was allocated a room on the 5th floor. On first appearances the room was spacious and had all the amenities I would expect (except thee is no microwave). I soon became aware of an annoying and quite loud, low level humming........ With time it became very irritating. Upon searching, I soon ascertained that it was not the air con or the bathroom ventilation, neither was it the fridge............ It must have been a generator on the roof or something in the building next door. Anyway, I was moved to the second floor, as there is no way I would have had a good nights sleep given the constant humming in the room on the fifth floor. The staff seemed somewhat irritated by my request for a different room, but my threat to check out soon made them shift into action!

Once in the new room on the 2nd floor, everything was fine.

Breakfast is the usual standard in a US hotel of this quality = small selection of processed warm items (strange egg 'cakes' - I hate to liken them to an omelette!, meat burgers and hash browns) and a wide range of cereals, breads, pastries, fruit and yoghurt.

Very good value stay for South Miami.

Room Tip: If you require a quiet room, steer clear of the fifth floor!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Jacksonville, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

At our arrival the Front desk greet us. She was very helpful. Been in bussiness all my lfve until now (Just retired). I observed how Mss. Cynthia handled all the front desk request. Two phone calls, two others family showing up at the front desk and my self. She stayed in control and everybody was calm and waited. The best part she never showed any kind of stress and always have a smile.This took place on 12/27/2012 I show up a day earlier and she was trying to help me also. The reason I mention this when you arrive to a hotel this is the first person to greet you. This is the person to show how greatful they are to represent the company they are working for. For the past 45 years travelinf and staying in hotels The Best Western Plus in Kendall is been the best. The Whole staff are great (front desk, housekeeping, breakfast, maintenance, sorouinding very clean). Loking forward to stay several times this year(family reason).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Miami, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This Hotel really impressed me with my stay. We had remodeling to our home due to a Tennis Tourament Hotel Rooms were limited. Best Westerner were around the corner we decide to try the Best Westerner.
The effieciency of the Hotel Staff, the Housekeeper work tiredly to keep the Hotel clean and the breakfast s were all good.
I will highly recommend this Hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Kendall Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!