“Customer service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Kendall
Omaha, Nebraska
“Customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We were here for a family reunion.. I had two reservations because I had to extend my stay. We came back on Saturday and key didn't work. Went to the front desk. The hotel charged both credit cards, so transactions were pending. I called 1-800 best western and was told that the hotel could cancel pending funds. Credit card didn't take for the transaction because there were funds pending. Called 1-800 number again and was told hotel would fix it. This went on for at least an hour. Funds still have not been credit back to my credit cards, and still had to use another credit card to pay for original stay plus extra day. Will not stay at another best western again. The only good thing I found was housekeeping is excellent

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Cathy O, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kendall Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear Wendy,

Thank you for your feedback in reference to the services provided at our hotel.

I would like to discuss the credit card incident with you further since Best Western has no control of financial institution releasing funds without the consumers authorization.

Please contact me directly at 305 271 4848. This way we can assess how we could have may your stay a more pleasurable experience.

Look forward to hear from you.

Best Regards

Cathy Otero

268 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Turkish first
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The breakfast was excellent with a variety of choices, including healthy choices such as hot oatmeal (not sugared packets) and fresh blueberries. The rooms were large and clean, with a comfortable bed. The customer service was good. Although the fitness room is as small as one would expect, the hotel provides free passes at the large LA Fitness Center across the street. There are several restaurants within walking distance. There is also a pool here. I was very comfortable in this hotel and it was certainly the nicest of any Best Western at which I have ever stayed; it was comparable to a new Hampton Inn or such...very happy with my stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Laurel, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed here one night on July, 2012. It is a nice, well maintained hotel. The breakfast was good and the pool and the hot tub were great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

We showed up here without a reservation after changing our plans at the last minute. We had tried the Holiday Inn around the corner first as they were number 1 on Trip Advisor but they wanted to charge us $159 for a King bed and sofa fold out. At the Best Western we got two queens and a crib for $109. The place looks new but is apparently 6 years old. The maintenance staff do a good job because I thought it was brand new.

The staff at the front desk were so polite and friendly - one of the best welcomes I have had from a late night arrivals.

Breakfast was included and was the standard hotel breakfast. No better or worse than most hotels. We usually bring our own cereal. The coffee was nice and my husband enjoyed the waffles.

Only one complaint - it was after 10pm and there were kids running up and down the hall unsupervised. Not the hotels fault but the walls were not very sound proof.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I checked in for a 3 day stay, however I get to my room and my key does not work. I go to the front desk and they tell me that I did not extend my stay after the second night????? Now they proceded to put all my belongings in garbage bags, clothes, shampoo, drinks from the fridge, food all in the same bag. Then tell me they have another room 2 doors from the one I was tossed out of. Make sure you get something from them when you check in..... or your belongings will be in a garbage bag. I never!

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Carlsbad, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

My company always uses this hotel during for business as its close to our office location.

I stayed in the king suite and it was spacious, clean and Dailey accessible since it was on the first floor. Breakfast was great and provided as part of the stay.

On my last day I noticed the bill was higher than it should have been - my nightly rate was wrong which was an extra 100 to the bill. I had to show proof of my travel itinerary to have them fix it. Additionally as I was packing and pulling my luggage out of the room at 12 (on the dot) I was called in my room and asked "when are you leaving.". I had told the front desk I would be leaving at noon since I had to work in the morning. It was rude and I felt pushed out of the hotel. It's not a bad place to stay but service varies widely!!

• Stayed May 2012
Kennewick, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

stayed here as part of our cruise & Florida keys trip. Very nice hotel. Had a king room on the top floor. Staff was pleasant, rooms clean, continental breakfast wonderful! 24/7 coffee and washer/dryer for a fee. Great rates. Will continue to stay at Best Western and recommend this hotel. Restaurants and coffee shop nearby.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Kendall Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!